Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
Hunting Stories >

Hunting Stories

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Hunting Stories

Old 07-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Spike

Default Hunting Stories

I think we all have our funny and good hunts. Post up some stories about your hunts over the couple of years.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Spike

Ill start it off with my first deer.

Well it was the last day of juvinile hunt and I was coming out on fourwheeler with my dad. And happened to look to my left and there was a herd of deer standing out in the field. They were about 150yds. away and it was nearly dark. I had a 7mm-08 the youth version of the 7mm. Well I put my cross hairs on the deer and shot..Miss...Well I ended up shooting 7 times at the deer and finally knocked it on the ground, because I hit it in the backbone. So then I walked up to it and finshed it off. And thats how hunting started my outdoor life. BTW it was an 8 point buck with a 23 in. spread.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

nice story man.

ok so it was opening day of turkey season and we had been seeing birds in this area all the time but never in the morning. so we get out there where before dark and get tucked in where we think they roost (over a creek on a high ridge that we found on google earth) but anyways were sitting there and we start calling.... BLAAHHHHHHH immediatly birds hammer back at us. about 20 minutes of that and we hear them fly down about 100 yrds away. we were set up in a fence row looking over a big grassy field with our jake w/fan and hen deeks out. then we see the birds and we call a little more and they holler back. they get to about 20 yards and stop. i drop my bird dead in his tracks, didnt even flop. the other bird starts to run and my dad stopped him and my step brother shot at him, were not sure if he hit him or not. so believe it or not the turkey runs straight at us and he shoots him for sure this time, we saw the feathers. and then he runs dead away from us and at 60 yards i stand up and drop him 20 yards from the property line. it was a great morning to say the least
Old 07-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

This was my first and so far only deer.(hoping i'll get the big one this year)

I had seen one buck all season(10 point) and didn't get a shot on him and since black powder season was almost over and i had an empty buck tag i decided to take whatever i could get. It was late halloween evening and i was setting up in my treestand.I decided to take my flextone natural grunter with me and test it out, and i decided i'd try the doe bleat. I did as the instructions said and in a couple of hours a 3 point walked up at twenty yards. It never new i was there it was to busy eating the corn i put out. I decided to take him so i fired. It was so smokey i couldn't tell if i hit him or not then i saw him run in front of me into the brush with blood pouring out of him. He ran 30 yards then dropped. I went to where i hit him it was like somebody painted a red line of paint right to him, really good blood trail, really good deer meat!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

Great stories guys
Me, my twin brother, and my dad head out for St. Francisville (which is about a hour away from where we live) we planning on staying the whole weekend. it was youth hunt. so me and my dad set out for the woods early in the morning we call and hear a few gobblers. one way off. we finnally decided to set up on this old logging road which is right on the property line of public hunting land. soon we call and hear a gobbler right in front of us far away. so we sit there for 40 minutes silent waiting (its a road so we can see left and right, we have a decoy on both sides) then all of a sudden i look to my right and i see this bright red head bobbing slowly through the woods. i pat my dad to let him know. i swing my gun around soon as he went behind a tree and i settled my shotgun on my knee.. my dad whispers "you better cap that sucker looks like hes about to head out" so the turkey about 50 yards away starts turning around and soon as his head came out from behind that tree i capped sucker. He was a big gobbler.. bout 22 to 23 pounds.. i love this story and memory bc its my first turkey i think i have a picture of my turkey in my albums so check it out
Old 07-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

Good stories all of you.

Mine came from this year's misadventures in crow hunting. My dad had recently got a new Mossberg 835 pump (for turkeys, but he was trying it out). He had missed three crows already, so I tried it out. Soon as I get the gun, someone in the blind next to us says, "Here comes one! Coming from the Hill!" So I squat up and see it, in range. I pull up and *BOOM* and down it falls. I handed the gun back to my dad and said there was nothing wrong with the sights to me ( He said the sights were "wiggly") and retrieved my bird. LOL

I'm off to the fair.

BigBuck95
Old 07-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

haha always nice to out due the old man huh?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Spike

Worst Duck Hunting Storey Ever!

One morning me and some buddies were going out to a water shed to go duck hunting. Well we got out there about 3 am in the morning to set all the decoys out. Well first we had to break a hole open as the water was froze. Well we set out into the water and Im breaking the ice and the farther I went the stronger the ice got. So I got a pretty good ways out there and my feet got tangled up in some kind of thick moss under water. It hung my waders and tripped onto the ice, and the ice broke. I went head first into the ice water. So I tried to jump up real quick, but my feet kept floating up, so finally i threw my arms into the ice and pushed my self up. Soaking wet I was. Walked up to my buddie gave him my cell phone, and what does he do.....drop it in the water. So finally we got all the decoys set out, but I wasnt to cold yet. So I waited for the whistle of wings setting there soaken wet. We had a group of black jacks swing out front coming right in. (BTW the night before I got a brand new Remington 887 Nitro Super Mag) I raised up and dish ragged the first that came up and as I go to eject the shell the gun jammed......A pump shotgun jammed on me -_- ........So after i seen what had happened I tried fixing it and their were ducks everywhere while I sat there watching. Seems my dad didnt connect the pump with the chamber......Worst Hunt ever, besides the 1 banded duck I killed.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

dang buddy you had one heck of a day didnt ya? lol. is the gun ok now? 887 is a nice gun too!
Old 07-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not much of a story teller so here we go...

There he was...Then I shot...There he laid.

(profile pic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.