Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
how long am I out? >

how long am I out?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

how long am I out?

Old 07-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default how long am I out?

a week and a half ago I got stepped on by a bull.. I went to the doctor all he did was give me some crazy pill's( that work verrrry well)..went back yesterday and he said he wasn't sure how long I would be out of riden,so anyone who ride's and knows this kind of injury how long you think I'll be out..My parent's weren't gonna let me ride again but they said OK so now its a waiting game they won't let me ride til I have doc's ok...and he stepped on my right shoulder(riden arm) so its not like its my free hand and I can ride tonight with no problem's.. so yeah anyone who knows please give me a estimate on what you think
Old 07-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well the logical and smart thing would to do is wait until the doctor tells you. Why risk permnant injury to that hand or other parts, from the result of a guess work from someone isn't a doc? (myself included)
Old 07-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

So i take it he took X-rays and everything looked normal. Did he put you in any type of sling? If no structural damage and If it's just soft tissue bruising I would think a couple weeks for the deep tissue to heal.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

he took X-Rays nothen came up and he taped up my shoulder thats all
Old 07-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Hunting Kuk
he took X-Rays nothen came up and he taped up my shoulder thats all
That's great news. Sounds like he put on Elastoplast tape to keep everything compact. The only thing going to make it heal is by rest (sure he told you that). Maybe he mentioned heat/cold compresses, that should help the healing process (and eleviate the pain). But if the pain is still there and it hurts to move your arm after a few weeks, you might want to let the Dr know, and a follow up "possible" MRI might be in order. But for now it sound like soft tissue bruising. Best of luck to you!!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kreagerm
That's great news. Sounds like he put on Elastoplast tape to keep everything compact. The only thing going to make it heal is by rest (sure he told you that). Maybe he mentioned heat/cold compresses, that should help the healing process (and eleviate the pain). But if the pain is still there and it hurts to move your arm after a few weeks, you might want to let the Dr know, and a follow up "possible" MRI might be in order. But for now it sound like soft tissue bruising. Best of luck to you!!!!

thanks I was worried about this but..I don't think it'll be to much longer few week's like you said
Old 07-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

huh i wud be gettin on again the next day but that is comin from a guy that dislocated his shoulder an got one 2 hrs later. but if ur doc says no jus go with him till he says yea an mine was attended by a sports medicine doc an he knew he wasnt goin to stop me from riding at finals. but yea prevent permanent stuff by lettin it take time J.B. mauney told me that at the practice pen
Old 07-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would have to agree with cub. i would get right back on a bull the next day. if nothing serious came up in the x-ray then just tape it and ride through the pain.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had no problem getten on the next day... but parents put a VERY! fast stop to that I was ready and about to leave and they got the point threw fast that i wasnt goin
Old 07-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wis_rifle_hunter
i would have to agree with cub. i would get right back on a bull the next day. if nothing serious came up in the x-ray then just tape it and ride through the pain.
finally somebody agrees with me lol but my parents wont stop me my dad knows the pain that comes with riding an fighting bulls so i will never have the parent problem like you kuk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.