Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
Inquiry about the esse of hunting in other cohntries compared to: Germany. >

Inquiry about the esse of hunting in other cohntries compared to: Germany.

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Inquiry about the esse of hunting in other cohntries compared to: Germany.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:30 AM
Spike

Default Inquiry about the esse of hunting in other cohntries compared to: Germany.

Dear fellow forum members,

I really do wonder how it is to hunt in other countries.

We here in Germany have super tight regulations what you can hunt and most importantly if you can even get started. Land owners tend to be really stiff and dont allow basicly anybody on their property. You even have a great great hassle of even getting your hunting license in the first place, but that is another part.

I heard that for example in the US or Canada, you get your certificate and can go straight hiking and hunting by yourself. Is this correct?

If so, I wonder how is Wildlife regulated, even if all? How do hunters do not cross eachother and accidentally shoot eachother for example? Or is my mindset too narrow coming from the tiny proportions of GER to the vastness of an entire state?

Closest, open here would probably be Russia.

I'm excited for your guys' Input. I wish to get started hunting soon and not be stuck in a kind of king-peasant mentality, which is how it is here in Germany between young and old hunters. Especially in the south-west.

Best regards!
Old 09-12-2022, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Hunt123er
Dear fellow forum members,

I really do wonder how it is to hunt in other countries.

We here in Germany have super tight regulations what you can hunt and most importantly if you can even get started. Land owners tend to be really stiff and dont allow basicly anybody on their property. You even have a great great hassle of even getting your hunting license in the first place, but that is another part.

I heard that for example in the US or Canada, you get your certificate and can go straight hiking and hunting by yourself. Is this correct?

If so, I wonder how is Wildlife regulated, even if all? How do hunters do not cross eachother and accidentally shoot eachother for example? Or is my mindset too narrow coming from the tiny proportions of GER to the vastness of an entire state?

Closest, open here would probably be Russia.

I'm excited for your guys' Input. I wish to get started hunting soon and not be stuck in a kind of king-peasant mentality, which is how it is here in Germany between young and old hunters. Especially in the south-west.

Best regards!

Not always, in most states hunters under a certain age , children must hunt with an adult. In addition you must have a certificate showing you have taken a hunter safety course and passed it. In some states for certain big game you must hunt big game with a licensed guide. Best to contact the game agencies of whatever state you want to hunt in, they all have e-mail addresses for asking questions.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 09-12-2022 at 07:33 AM.