Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
Whats next on the "to kill" list? >

Whats next on the "to kill" list?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Whats next on the "to kill" list?

Old 05-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Red Hawk
To my understanding, this has been touchy subject on the boards. Even alot of hunters both on here and ones I have spoken to outside the forums, have considered it as act of brutality and isn't what hunting is all about.

I never really understood that. I agree that hunting isn't about brutality, but this method of hunting is tough and hard to accomplish. If you swarm the pig with dogs, then I agree with you. With only one or two, it is really a challenge. Didn't mean to stir things up.

and I also have the task of exterminating rabbits in the garden. Those little things can eat a lot!

Last edited by Red Hawk; 05-25-2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: typo king
Old 05-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by pighunter270
I never really understood that. I agree that hunting isn't about brutality, but this method of hunting is tough and hard to accomplish. If you swarm the pig with dogs, then I agree with you. With only one or two, it is really a challenge. Didn't mean to stir things up.

and I also have the task of exterminating rabbits in the garden. Those little things can eat a lot!
Nothing was stirred up by your comment so no worries. The reason why lot of people consider it as brutality and such is because the dogs are the ones doing the actual hunting and the humans follow, help hold down the pig and stab it. I really don't have any opinion about it, I just wouldn't involve in it myself.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

I think that would be awesome to pig hunt with dogs. I hunt coons with dogs so why not pigs? I dont understand how people think it is brutal. If anything, it is brutal on the dogs and hunters.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by genesis27:3
I think that would be awesome to pig hunt with dogs. I hunt coons with dogs so why not pigs? I dont understand how people think it is brutal. If anything, it is brutal on the dogs and hunters.
The brutal part comes in when the dogs are holding down the defenseless pig and you go and stab it too death.

My neighbor does this sort of hunting and he told me stories about it. It sounds fun and it would really get your adrenaline going but I think im just gonna stick to the good ol' bow and arrow to hunt pigs. It works just as good.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
The brutal part comes in when the dogs are holding down the defenseless pig and you go and stab it too death.
Except when the dogs let go I've seen that happen before.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pighunter270
Except when the dogs let go I've seen that happen before.
Haha thats not the point though. When the dogs let go, you best be runnin your booty off because I wouldn't want a angry hog after me.

Last edited by Red Hawk; 05-24-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Spike

Yeah. the guy was lucky that he had a .45.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lots and lots of turtles, all summer long:

Old 05-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

I don't see how the pig is really defenseless though. Thats the part that gets me, I've seen plenty of hogs cut not only my dogs but other peoples dogs to shreds and then just walk off like it wasn't anything. The part the people see as brutality is that a dog is holding down the pig, what people don't realize is that an 80 lb dog is hardly a match for a 250 lb pig. The whole time that the dog is latched onto the pig the pig is still very mobile and very lethal, I've seen several people get there legs gashed open when going in to stab or tie the pig even with the dog holding on to it.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Tobe_B
I don't see how the pig is really defenseless though. Thats the part that gets me, I've seen plenty of hogs cut not only my dogs but other peoples dogs to shreds and then just walk off like it wasn't anything. The part the people see as brutality is that a dog is holding down the pig, what people don't realize is that an 80 lb dog is hardly a match for a 250 lb pig. The whole time that the dog is latched onto the pig the pig is still very mobile and very lethal, I've seen several people get there legs gashed open when going in to stab or tie the pig even with the dog holding on to it.

I think it’s the ethnics behind the matter. People who are anti-hunting or whatever try to claim 'hunters' as blood thirsty cold blooded killers will show pig hunting with knife, stabbing it , etc as propaganda to their cause and their believe. Only reason why I said is because the other day, there was some sort of PETA people downtown (heard it on the news) and drawings of hunters stabbing a pig so I know it is in fact of on their attempts and they are in fact using it as fuel to their cause. Now, I’m not saying we shouldn’t do or talk about it. It is more of FYI on that matter. As I mentioned in previous post, I have no opinion about it but I just certainly wouldn’t do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.