Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
war stories (injuries) >

war stories (injuries)

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

war stories (injuries)

Old 03-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

i got so many more stroies it make your head spin! just ask huntnteen how accident prone i am! im the guy that could be laying in bed...not moving and break my wrist...or dislocate my arm when the bed colapsed for NO reason. i just got that kinda luck
Old 03-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was jumping a giant dirt pile on my dirtbike. There were some girls watching, so I hit it pretty hard. I was going from a small jump to a higher pile. The high pile was long, like 50 yards. The small pile was about 5' tall, and the tall pile was 15' high. I was jumping about 25 feet, which is not much. When I hit it hard I usually go about 35'. This time I hit it hard. To hard.... I remember flying through the air, and that was it. I woke up about 70 feet away, and I wasn't wearing pants. I drove my bike back to the shop.......and put on a helmet....

Other time, I was doing a wheelie down my street in town. I fell of the back and my bike crashed into my truck, broke a mirror off and shattered my window. I told my insurance it was a hit and run....
Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Football story...8 man.

I was placed at right guard on the offensive line. We did a play where I pull off the line, run to the left and smash defenders for a ball-runner. At 6'3, 225lbs, I always loved getting away from lineman duty and getting some speed-work in.

I was headed full-steam for one lonesome little guy, probably 140 pounds. He stood motionless and I recall thinking of the great joy I was about to experience from this unfair fight. Just before impact, he chopped. I took a helmet full-force to the knee. It was quite painful. The burn was such I that I was sure stuff was torn inside me. I was spared a few plays, though with a team lacking depth of any sort, I finished the game with a flimsy brace.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was mauled by an english bulldog when i was 5. he literally ripped my scalp off. the dogs owner saved my life.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

i just had another experiance to add to the list yesterday. my girlfriend is on a huge track scholorship. and she does alot of different events..one of them is shot put...for those of you who dont know...its a 16 pound iron ball. and she can heave that thing real far. so i decided that i wanted to try it yesterday because she had to bring one home for whatever reason and bring it back to practice today. so i grabbed it and threw my first throw. not bad like 35 ft. she tought me a few things and i hit 45 ft, and was consistantly throwing 45 ft every time. so i began to get frustrated so on my last throw tried to wind up a bit for a little extra umf. well wind ups with that are really bad i quickly learned as my arm poped out of the socket and fractured my wrist. i dont think my girl friend has quit laughing yet.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by andy da animal
so i began to get frustrated so on my last throw tried to wind up a bit for a little extra umf. well wind ups with that are really bad i quickly learned as my arm poped out of the socket and fractured my wrist.
16 lb. Baseball?????
Old 03-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Chris_H
i was mauled by an english bulldog when i was 5. he literally ripped my scalp off. the dogs owner saved my life.
Um, OUCH
Old 03-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Girls toss 4kg shots...

For you must be a beast to just pick up a 16lb'er and toss 45s without prior experience
Old 03-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigBuck95
16 lb. Baseball?????

yah...no one has ever accused me of being bright. but it just happened kinda naturally cause i always played baseball...and thats just the natural throwing motion.

and Big Z, im far from a beast...its my surgecally repaired arm that was fixed 2 years ago...now i might need another after this dumb thing i have just done.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can relate to the pain, on a smaller level. Sometimes in FB my arm felt like it went out of its socket and slid back into position. A shoulder brace tensioned my joint enough to reduce the problem while playing. Never did throw a shot baseball-style though, as I knew it would tear me up easily..