HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   Snow days! Snow days! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/316932-snow-days-snow-days.html)

nick_bleuer76 02-09-2010 04:33 AM

Snow days! Snow days!

We are having another set of snow days. 2 in a row this week. Might not have school tomorrow either! We have had like 3 school weeks where we have had several snow days in a row. I think it is starting to get old, and boring. Now that I am in college, I don't have to make them up, just pay for them! :( Anybody else think this is getting old?

OhioBowhunter 02-09-2010 02:25 PM

we have got out early last 2 fridays in a row... no school today 90% sure none tomorrow

trevorpt 02-09-2010 02:29 PM

i wish we could have at least one snow day here. I go to the University of Kentucky, and we have yet to be off school or even have any classes canceled due to snow. It would be a blessing here and im hoping for one tomorrow

Red Hawk 02-09-2010 02:38 PM

I think when it snowed here about 11 years ago, the schools shut down for the day. That was extremely rare for these parts.

OhioBowhunter 02-09-2010 02:54 PM

yeah we never get out of school. im not sure why but we dont. but the bad thing is that deer season just closed sunday... and i still had a tag to fill haha

wis_rifle_hunter 02-09-2010 05:35 PM

we had a snow day here to today so i went rabbit hunting. it wasn't a very smart decision to go today. the snow was really deep and the dogs were having a hard time getting through. it would be better if there was a layer of ice then the dogs could get through the snow easier. if we get tomorrow off we'll probably go again without the dogs

OhioBowhunter 02-10-2010 04:50 AM

yeah we are out today again. ill probably go rabbit hunting back behind the house this weekend... or mabey go after some coyotes. i just need to get out i havent hunted since about christmas!! turkey season needs to roll around quick ill need all the season i can get im going out with the ol stick n string this year

Tobe_B 02-10-2010 06:57 AM

We've been gettin snow at least once a week for two weeks now, they closed schools down the first time for two days. But we don't get snow like y'all do up north so its really no comparison. But I hate snow days, snow means it's cold, and cold means ice and ice means that stock tanks have to be busted up and cleaned out so livestock can drink and then that means I gotta feed to make sure nothin dies. It aggravates quite a bit.

OhioBowhunter 02-10-2010 12:35 PM

that doesnt sound like much fun at all

nick_bleuer76 02-10-2010 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tobe_B (Post 3573755)
We've been gettin snow at least once a week for two weeks now, they closed schools down the first time for two days. But we don't get snow like y'all do up north so its really no comparison. But I hate snow days, snow means it's cold, and cold means ice and ice means that stock tanks have to be busted up and cleaned out so livestock can drink and then that means I gotta feed to make sure nothin dies. It aggravates quite a bit.

I have to do the smae thing. The beef and pork have water heaters, but my bird farm, no. I have to bust about 100 little waters up a day.