Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Who all bowhunts? >

Who all bowhunts?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Who all bowhunts?

Old 06-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who all bowhunts?

I bowhunt!!! I shoot a Mathews Q2 for hunting and Q2XL for target. PSE (Pull Shoot Explode, Pretty Sh*tty Equipment) is pretty much junk until you get to their to of the line bows. I went through 2 PSE' s before I switched to a Mathews and their is no comparison between the two. If i was to get a new bow I would get a Bowtech or Mathews!
Old 06-12-2003, 02:52 PM
Spike

I thought about bowhunting deer once - bought a brand new Hoyt MagnaTec XT2000(If I remember correctly) from a local bow shop. I got it sighted it at their indoor range, took it home, and never used it once. About a month after I bought it I gave it to my Dad, and he bought me a new Dell PC in exchange. I wish I never did that. I really miss it. It was an awesome bow - already had some really expensive sights, arrow rests, silencers, etc. on it. I might buy another bow pretty soon, and try again... hopefully I' ll actually use it this time, though.

I just realized I haven' t been here in forever! I must have forgot how much this site rocks!

Question: Did the forums go down, or something? Or did they switch over to something new? It says I only have 3 posts, but I remember having like 400+ something, and I remember registering back in 2001. Odd. I' m not complaining - I' m just curious as to why it' s like this. Thanks guys, and girls.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:54 PM

I have been hunting as long as I can remember here in Montana, but it wasn' t until last year that I took up the sport of bowhunting. I used my cousins old Pearson Spoiler Plus, and on the opening weekend, no exaguration, killed a cow elk on saturday and a 15 inch antelope. I missed a shot at a bull at 35 yards, and my bow was only setup with a 2 prong rest, old aluminum arrows, nothing new....So, I bought myself a 2002 Hoyt Ultratec, put on a drop tine whisker biscuit, bought 2 dozen gold tip carbon arrows, trophy ridge matrix 5 pin sight, detachable quiver, silencers, peep sight, string loop. I began practicing a lot 3 months ago, and killed a 9.5 inch, 23 lb merriams turkey this spring. I am currently going to 3-d shoots around the state every weekend, and I have won every one. I can hit the kill zone out to 65 yards. Good equipment, practice, and practice makes you a good shot. Don' t feel bad about giving up that magnatec though 7mm08, it was a crappy bow. PSE' s are ok, but cheap. Mathews are good, but expensive. Jennings, hoyt, reflex, and bowtech would be the best choice.

AND
That guy at the pro shop who told you not to start off with a nicer bow is an idiot. Give yourself every advantage you can, get the best gear, practice, and put in the time.

I am now working at an archery pro shop where I learn more about bowhunting everyday, so take my advice, go with the best, practice, and screw what the guys at Scheels say, get a good bow.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:22 PM
Spike

" Don' t feel bad about giving up that magnatec though 7mm08, it was a crappy bow."

Say what?! Why is it crappy? Sure, it' s no top-of-the-line UltraTec, but does that make it crappy? http://www.hoytusa.com/products/inde...64621172859669 I thought it was a nice bow.
Old 06-15-2003, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well i went to a proshop the other day and this hoyt one was really nice and came with the package so that' s good. Its kinda expensive but it also comes with an lifetime warrant so that was also a big plus. I' ll keep everyone posted and once i actually get a bow expect me to be asking more question about bowhunting/shooting 101 style..Oh and Montana-hunter. i used to live in Great Falls, if i recall it was either North or Northeast of you.
Old 06-15-2003, 04:42 PM
pup

first off that hoyt magnatec is a better bow then pse will ever come up with.. i personaly will never shoot a pse i think they are crap you know what they say about pse (PULL SHOOT EXPLODE) i wouls say to start out with about anything would be good i think the two bow comapnys i would saty away from would be pse and browning,(they make good guns bot there bows suck) and maybe mathews there bows arent that bad but there ethics and cutomer service suck. i shoot a hoyt razortec right know but i think i am going to get another bow for 3d either a bowtech or a hoyt ultratec.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:19 AM

Hey pup, when has PSE ever made guns? I would take a PSE Nitro with a Centerfire cam over a Hoyt anyday, Mathews, well, not the FX, but any other bow, PSE Nitro or Firestorm Lite tops them.

Matt =-------->

Hoyt [:' (] Kinda Sad
Old 06-16-2003, 11:43 AM
pup

no it was browning i was talking about making the guns.. know i dont want a fight but mako have you ever tuthfully shot a hoyt? or are you just talking out your butt? im not sure if you have looked at any magazines lately but there has got to be a reason that almost every top 3d archer ,hunter and field archer shoots a hoyt or a branch of hoyt like reflex.. know im fine with somone liking pse bows but i just dont think they can compare with hoyt bows.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:13 PM

Bowhunt religiously, work at an archery pro shop, shoot indoor field and 3D. But, bowhunting is still my favorite over anything. ALL YEAR!!!!!!! Matter of fact, im goin bowfishen right now.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:18 PM

PSE is the dominant buck in the bow industry. Cabela' s has all you need.

Quick Reply: Who all bowhunts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.