Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 for everyone still in high school >

for everyone still in high school

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

for everyone still in high school

Old 04-30-2009, 10:49 AM

Default RE: for everyone still in high school

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

80% of your school needs to learn what tobacco can do to your gums, teeth, throat, tongue and every other body organ.
We all have our vices. Kids are well aware of the dangers of tobacoo (and alcohol and drugs for that matter). Beating them over the head with the same old lines won't solve anything.
I disagree. They get "told" that it causes cancer and this and that, but they ALL have the attitude that "they are unique and it wont happen to them just like it didnt happen to their buddy/cousin/brother"....

Im not saying you can't have your vices,what i am saying isthat even if its only an "occasional" recreational habit, if you start using tobacco under the age of 18 then by the time your 30/40 your already going to start developing long term problems.
Tobacco CAN cause problems, true. Honestly though, the statistics are on your side. I could make a list of 100 people right now that smoke/dip, ages 14-95. I know ONE person who hos gotten cancer because of it. People are not naive, they are realistic. Obviously if you don't use tobacco you are at a lower risk (duh). But is tobacco a bad thing? Well, it is certainly not a good thing.

My point was, everyone knows the dangers involved. That's no secret. It is up to the individual person to make that choice for themselves. What I have a problem with is organizations that use scare tactics or the "shock factor" to try and keep people away from tobacco. Kinda like when they have a mother who's son was killed by a drunk driver speak at a high school right before prom. Also those Truth* commercials. I hate those things. They should simply explain the good AND bad benefits of tobacco (or alcohol) to students so they can realize for themselves that the good does not outweigh the bad and it is simply not worth it.

Also, chicks don't like guys who dip or smoke. And if they do...run.[:-]

And that is why America is great
Old 04-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wont lie to you; ive had a few pinches in my life (just to try it)and know a lot of people who do it constantly and i really dont get how people can get addicted to it. its pretty discusting, yeah you get a "buzz", but i dont thing the buzz is worth the nastieness of it. i think everyone should try dip and smoke once becasue i think that when you try it and realize how discusting it is the first time, you wont try it again. JMO
Old 04-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats the truth Will.

And your right Evan, everyone should try it once and make the decision on their own. The same arguments can be made about alcohol or marijuana. As long as you are mature enough to understand your decision, but thats another topic.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats the truth Will.

And your right Evan, everyone should try it once and make the decision on their own. The same arguments can be made about alcohol or marijuana. As long as you are mature enough to understand your decision, but thats another topic.
they should just legalize maijunana becasue so many people do it and its not as bad as cigarttes and itd prevent a lot of arrests and people getting killed imo
Old 04-30-2009, 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH
they should just legalize maijunana becasue so many people do it and its not as bad as cigarttes and itd prevent a lot of arrests and people getting killed imo
Simple as that!

Let's get B on the line and see what we can do about this[8D]
Old 04-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

to tell you guys the truth i dip every once and a while but the decition i made was to not make it anyone elses business.. and for most part do it while i am alone or with a small amount of people that dont care or judge.. i mean i dont push it on people alot of times i dont even ask if they want some.. that doesnt make me a bad person its just a thing that could possibly be harmful to my body..
Old 05-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

get a bunch of people
freshmen-$11(if there are 9th graders)
Sophmore-$7
Junior-$5
Senior-$3
get all their names and put them in a hat
have each one secretly pull a name out
you have to squirt the name you picked
you can squirt them at lunch time and anytime after school
you cant use a hose of any kind
if you get squirt your out
last 5 people you can squirt during passing time
last one in wins the pot
Old 05-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds pretty fun
Old 05-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our college campus played it, but the college was the starter of the game, so they must have modified the rules so it was acceptable.....lol