Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 speaking of animals >

speaking of animals

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

speaking of animals

Old 03-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: speaking of animals

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

Red Tailed Hawks aren't the biggest, but theyare the most beautiful ones of all the hawk family
ya there cool we have lot of them. my friend shoots them becasue they kill his chickens
I must admit, I was little urked when I read this. I don't know if killing red tailed hawk is legal in Ohio or not, but for your friend's sake, he better find out because if it is illegal, he is looking at a major fine, maybe jail time but most likely fine.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Little Doe Peep

You can use one to hunt with here if you are a licensed falconer and have trained under a licensed falconer. The bird has to be captive bred. Killing or molesting a wild raptor in any way means jail time in Michigan.

Your friend may be tempting fate
Old 03-29-2009, 04:53 AM

yea I would beat up your friend mossy, thats not cool legal or not, chickens are cheap
Old 03-29-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Red Tailed Hawks aren't the biggest, but theyare the most beautiful ones of all the hawk family
ya there cool we have lot of them. my friend shoots them becasue they kill his chickens
I must admit, I was little urked when I read this. I don't know if killing red tailed hawk is legal in Ohio or not, but for your friend's sake, he better find out because if it is illegal, he is looking at a major fine, maybe jail time but most likely fine.
sky i do eat chickens lol why?

red im not the one shooting them.
he shoots them becasue they kill his livestock that they spend a lot of money on and when the hawk kill them they loose money. i dont see that as a problem becasue they are nuisance on his land. if sonmeone was just shoting them for fun; then that would be a big problem
Old 03-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Little Doe Peep

sky i do eat chickens lol why?

red im not the one shooting them.
he shoots them becasue they kill his livestock that they spend a lot of money on and when the hawk kill them they loose money. i dont see that as a problem becasue they are nuisance on his land. if sonmeone was just shoting them for fun; then that would be a big problem
Out of curiousity I checked out the Ohio DNR website regarding the Red-Tailed Hawk. It says, and I quote, "These birds are extremely beneficial. It is illegal to kill them."

Your friend needs to wise up.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, you can't kill Red Tail Hawks in Ohio, or a lot of places for that matter. Try asking your friend to not kill them anymore. Can't he use some chicken wire and a little elbow grease and make a coop/pen?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

Yea, you can't kill Red Tail Hawks in Ohio, or a lot of places for that matter. Try asking your friend to not kill them anymore. Can't he use some chicken wire and a little elbow grease and make a coop/pen?
well he free ranges them during the day, and thats when they kill them.
they were on vacation one time and when they got back; all 30 of their chickens were dead. so the hawks are a big problem
and i think hes only killed one or 2. he takes pot shots at them with a .22 (i know, another stupid thing) and almost always misses. hes a dumb
Old 03-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think you are missing the whole point. Whatever reason seems 'right' to your friend, it is illegal and he can get into serious trouble with the law. As your friend, you should tell him what he is doing is illegal.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you are missing the whole point. Whatever reason seems 'right' to your friend, it is illegal and he can get into serious trouble with the law. As your friend, you should tell him what he is doing is illegal.
ill talk to him
Old 03-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

well he free ranges them during the day, and thats when they kill them.
they were on vacation one time and when they got back; all 30 of their chickens were dead. so the hawks are a big problem
and i think hes only killed one or 2. he takes pot shots at them with a .22 (i know, another stupid thing) and almost always misses. hes a dumb
How does he know they were dead? How does he know they didn't just wander off?

And firing a rifle, even a .22, into the airis an incredibly dangerous thing to do. Where in the world are his parents while this is going on?

Quick Reply: speaking of animals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.