Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Diesel vs. Gas.... what's your opinon? >

Diesel vs. Gas.... what's your opinon?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Diesel vs. Gas.... what's your opinon?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:36 AM

Default Diesel vs. Gas.... what's your opinon?

First off, the intent of this is not to create any sort of arguement. So what that said....

Which do you prefer: Diesel engine trucks or Gas engine trucks? What brand and why?

Personally, I like diesels a lot more than gas engines.... they provide more power and just as good if not better gas milage.... and you gotta love the black smoke baby! I think the Duramax and the Cummins are up there together as far as performance goes......powerstroke? No where near.... lol.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Diesel vs. Gas.... what's your opinon?

As a rule, gas engines are cheaper, just because gas always costs less (though it shouldn't).

I like Diesels better though, even though i cant afford one right now. Cummins and Duramax are the clear front runners, with Powerstrokes being hit or miss.

Its amazing what you can do to a diesel with just a chip, exhaust and maybe a few hundred dolalrs of extra mods. Were talking 11-12 second quarters here...and thats insane for a big truck.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Diesel= its the future Cummin Stroke this Duramax BABY

Well I love diesels DURAMAX is my fav Powerjoke's are well.......a joke.
Cummins is a good one as well, but DIRTYMAX is my fav cause I'm a hard core GM man.
My brother hasa Duramax He does tractor pulls with it its awesome he has only done one as of yet but he plans on pulling a lot more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w9XOn763sY&feature=channel_page

Here this is my brother pulling^^^
Old 03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love diesel trucks. I love the 2006 Chevy 2500 DuraMax/Allison. I already have truck that i'll be able to drive next year. DuraMax is way ahead of Cummins and Powerstroke
Old 03-05-2009, 01:30 PM

So... anyone a gas engine fan? haha ( trucks that is )
Old 03-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

diesel is a better engine overal...as already been mentioned, almost the same if not better gas mileage than gas, and its got the power. plus diesel engines really last much longer than gas engines! the list can go on and on...but in the end, you gota buy whats best for your situation and available in your pocket....which is why i had to buya gas truck lol
Old 03-05-2009, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: andy da animal

diesel is a better engine overal...as already been mentioned, almost the same if not better gas mileage than gas, and its got the power. plus diesel engines really last much longer than gas engines! the list can go on and on...but in the end, you gota buy whats best for your situation and available in your pocket....which is why i had to buya gas truck lol
Very good point..... hopefully when the big three bounce back, we will see the half-tons with the smaller diesel engines..... GM announced that they will stop at nothing to have this truck released sometime soon.....

Chevy/GMC half-ton with 6 speed allison transmition and a 4.5L Duramax diesel....

Ford has something similar, put with different specs.

Dodge, I haven't heard anything about or from lately.

I urge everyone here whois into trucks to please check out www.pickuptrucks.com and join the community. Here you will find the most recent updates and tests with every pickup on the market.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

There is absolutely no argument out this one. The best combo ever is the Duramax backed by an Allison transmission. OH BABY. When it comes to which is better, diesel hands down. They may cost more to buy and operate but in the long run they will run over twice as long or longer. By the way real mean all wear BOW TIES. lol
Old 03-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

ive never driven diesel just gas and i always decided i would get a diesel when i started driving because of the prices of gas but not anymore

-CC
Old 03-05-2009, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Canadian Chic

ive never driven diesel just gas and i always decided i would get a diesel when i started driving because of the prices of gas but not anymore

-CC
haha, well i've got to tell you.... YOU'RE MISSING OUT! Diesels are so much fun..... they are faster, they sound better, you can peel outeasier,and the black smoke is amazing, lol.

Quick Reply: Diesel vs. Gas.... what's your opinon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.