Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 how much snow! >

how much snow!

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

how much snow!

Old 03-02-2009, 08:06 AM

Default RE: how much snow!

We had about 1/2" of snow in January...that's all[&:]

Last week the highs were in the 70s and 80s
Old 03-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

lol i knew you looked at a thermometer! i guess i shouldnt say that my portable shack doesnt protect from the wind it does. i just prefer to close the door and lock it as oposed to breaking one down in the wind and dark. keep in mind that after 10 or 12 hours on the ice im probably not very coordinated if you catch my drift. i ahve an otter 5 man. its too big to pulkl by hand w/ all the crap in it but i hook it to either my wheeler or my snowmobile. they def have there place in the ice fishin world but i still prefer my permanant shack since i fish that place everyweekend for big browns!!!! and salmon too.

as far as the roof shoveling goes they are all customers. im self employed in the winter the building and concrete slows down so we plow and shovel roofs. i get anywheres from 200-700 bucks a roof so its not bad. im not sure who in their right mind wold ever build a flat roof up in the north??? only a canadian i supose eh?! haha

post some of you ice fishin pics!!!!!

lol yea where we go fishing its crappie, blue gills, pumpkin seeds, enormous small mouth and large mouth bass, pike, channel cats so far thats all we have seen but there is walleye and stergeon to. we bought one of those under water cameras and OMG they are so cool. we see so much. they dont help you catch fish mind you but they are really neat, my bf caught a pike and we watched the whole fight under water on the camera i wish we could have recorded the fight because i would have put it on here. we caught a 14 inch blue gill which is apperently a record for that spot on the lake and we didnt know and i cleaned it and we went back the next day and talked to a guy and he told us so that was kinda cool.

we have a shappell2000 i think our next ice hut is going to be a Ice Clam 3 person hut so we will see wat happens. the nice things about both these shelters is they fold up into sleds and they are both light enough even with everything in them to pull by hand.

ive seen a couple of people with flat roofs here and i dont understand it. i will never have a flat roof its too much work in the winter.

how do you put more than one picture in one post?

-CC
Old 03-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

those underwater cameras are awesome! i have the advanced angler under watyer camera. its a cheapy though 129.00 from cabelas but it does work! im not into jigging at all but it kind of caught my intrest this year w/ the camera being able to watch the fish respond to the jig. you can record!!! take a video camer and there is a port in the back of mine anways so it can be done. check your out!

an icy clam 3000? what the....doesnt sound very inviting!! folding up into a sled is def sweet. thats how my otter is. its suposed to float too! why i dont know if you go through you have bigger problems then whether or not y0ur crap is gonna float lol.

i suck at posting pics. i use photo bucket and that took me a while to figure that out.lol i posted pics of my ice shack i built this fall in the other thread i started and it took me like a 1/2 hour to do those lol
Old 03-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

those underwater cameras are awesome! i have the advanced angler under watyer camera. its a cheapy though 129.00 from cabelas but it does work! im not into jigging at all but it kind of caught my intrest this year w/ the camera being able to watch the fish respond to the jig. you can record!!! take a video camer and there is a port in the back of mine anways so it can be done. check your out!
ours is one of the fish tv ones. lol we dont a video camera right now.

an icy clam 3000? what the....doesnt sound very inviting!! folding up into a sled is def sweet. thats how my otter is. its suposed to float too! why i dont know if you go through you have bigger problems then whether or not y0ur crap is gonna float lol.
i dont know i would just move up to the shappell3000 but jay wants an ice clam because he likes the best of the best even if something else that is a lot cheaper will do just as good a job, but oh well thats fine we wont be buying it for a bit so its all good. our next big purchase will be a boat and little motor for spring summer and fall.

i suck at posting pics. i use photo bucket and that took me a while to figure that out.lol i posted pics of my ice shack i built this fall in the other thread i started and it took me like a 1/2 hour to do those lol
ill try to find some good pictures, we dont usually take any pictures

-CC
Old 03-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

well........wouldnt want to crack the lense i guess hahaahha j/k
Old 03-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

well........wouldnt want to crack the lense i guess hahaahha j/k
that was quite mean mr. skybuster

-CC
Old 03-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

awe lol you do have feelings!!! lol post them pics lady!!!!!! lets see some fishes[8D]
Old 03-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

We have a little on the ground at the moment..we had a record breaking january
Old 03-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

awe lol you do have feelings!!! lol post them pics lady!!!!!! lets see some fishes[8D]
i dont have any pics right now i cant find the cord to attach the camera to the comp whenever i find it i will post the fish pics

-CC
Old 03-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Snow all year! I love north east ohio! But it does get old when it keeps coming in april! it's good to see you back in action Brandon! Hope things went well!
-Jake

Quick Reply: how much snow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.