HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   Team 6 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/287810-team-6-a.html)

OKbowhunter20 02-26-2009 09:36 PM

Team 6

Team 6
Chris_H
rage2blade
Hunt4Life23
OKbowhunter20
bigfathunter

Looks like a winning team to me! Let me know you're hear and I'll mark you on the list.

I see a couple people I know, anda couple people I don't. It's always nice to meet new folks:D
Me and Chris seem to be the only "veteran" members. It's good to see new people getting involved in these contests.:)

I'll start with an intro of myself:

My name is Will. I'm 18 and currently attending Oklahoma State University. I live/hunt in SW Oklahoma where I repeatedly lay the smack down on spring gobblers year after year. This year I will be hunting them strictly with a bow and arrow, unless I get toward the end of the season without taking one..I may break out the 870 aka "Turkey Slaya"

Siman08/OH 02-27-2009 05:48 AM

RE: Team 6

This team looks scary :eek:

mossbergman11/OH 02-27-2009 06:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

This team looks scary :eek:
yeah stacked:eek: considering hes the only one to check in so far:D lol jk will

Hunt4Life23 02-27-2009 09:52 AM

Hunt4Life checking in. I am 19 and attend Penn State University and liveand hunt in the eastern partof PA. Iam a newcomer to the hunting contests but not a newcomer to hunting. Have seen a lot of nice longbeards around my hunting areas this year so it looks to be a great year. Just like you OK, I am going to try to take a tom this year with the bow but if it gets toward the end I will bring out the shotgun. Team3 has a stacked team but anyone still has a shot at winning the contest. Looking forward to a great season.

Chris_H 02-27-2009 01:31 PM

Mmmmmm.... I guess I'll check in. Lets get this thing done. I'll have my seasons limit of five birds soon enough.

Siman08/OH 02-27-2009 01:46 PM

Geeze with a bag limit like that you might as well be duck hunting [:@]

Chris_H 02-27-2009 04:32 PM

Whoops, forgot to introduce myself! All of yall are fairly new other than Okbowhunter.

Names Chris.The best footstepsin the world you could ever follow are mine.I'm a little soft spoken in the youth forums, as I tend to avoid confrontation and immaturity (even though me and my buds are the most immature beings on this planet.) Don't underestimate me, however. ;)

I'm 18 years old, not turning 19 until August. I was bornand raised in the best placeon God's green earth to be a teenager, the South Carolina lowcountry. I eat, sleep and breathe duck and turkey hunting, and guitar. Rabbit and deer used to be my main thing, but not anymore; they're on the backburner for now. During the summer months, you'll find me on the saltwater: inshore and offshore, getting a little too crazy at the beach, and just doing things you'll hear in a Lee Brice song. I hate my job, but I have made some of my best friends at that horrid place. I'm trap and skeet competition material, and I have been offered more than once to shoot for a team, but I'm choosing to be reserved and leave my options open. Lately it seems that
trouble and awkwardness always makes it my way. I am completely sleep deprived, but hey. My hormones are raging, and you only live through your teenage years once. I'll enjoy every second of it. ;)

bigfathunter 03-02-2009 05:38 PM

I'm here

OKbowhunter20 03-03-2009 07:24 PM

DO WORK

bigfathunter 03-15-2009 08:30 PM

im pumped

Chris_H 03-16-2009 10:40 AM

First day of the season was yesterday. Didn't connect because of a cold spell on the opener :eek:but I had three toms about 100 yards in front of me, thunderin', struttin' and fightin'. Had a hen within six or seven yards of me... pretty neat. Goin again tomorrow probably

Hunt4Life23 03-25-2009 08:16 AM

Any luck yet chris?

Chris_H 03-25-2009 09:12 AM

Nah guys. The weather down here has been suck except for opening day. Every morning has been very cold and wet, and it turns very windy by midday. The first sign of actual spring weather should be a great day :D

How bout yall? Any luck?

Hunt4Life23 03-25-2009 12:51 PM

My season still isnt for over a month. It hurts that a lot of people are already out there and i got a major itch to be in the woods too. How bout anyone else?

Siman08/OH 03-29-2009 01:43 PM

Bowtech 360 is your guys alt for rage2blade.

bigfathunter 03-30-2009 05:36 PM

So hows everyone doing

OKbowhunter20 03-31-2009 09:24 PM

My season doens't start until the 6th. And I won't get a chance to hunt until the 11th[:@]

Hunt4Life23 04-01-2009 09:20 PM

My season doesnt start till the 25th[:@]

I'm just itching to get out in the woods with the bow and gun

bigfathunter 04-05-2009 04:36 PM

so as good as me. im not hunting till the 25th on a managed hunt. even though the season starts the 20th.

8pt~Bowhunter 04-06-2009 04:00 PM

Hello everyone, I'm the new alt for Bowtech360. I'll be hunting in central TN and I already have one Jake on the ground ready to score.

8pt~Bowhunter 04-06-2009 04:11 PM

My turkey:

score soon to come

Siman08/OH 04-06-2009 08:50 PM

You guys can thank me later :D

Chris_H 04-07-2009 06:42 AM

Great job 8pt! I wish I was still 17. I had my tacoma, hardly any school work, and all of the time and money in the world. Because of college and a full-time job now, I've only been twice since March 15.

Spring Break this week guys. I'm goin wednesday through saturday. Wish me luck :)

OKbowhunter20 04-07-2009 12:18 PM

8pt, good job on the bird and nice pic.

Chris, I know what you mean about no time or money. Our season started yesterday, but I won't get out till Saturday, and it will most likely be my only day to hunt this spring. I better get it done quick!

Hunt4Life23 04-07-2009 12:38 PM

Congratulations and great job 8pt!

And I hear you guys too about not having any time. Luckily i will be going home for the weekend from college for first day in a few weeks but i wont get much time other then that.

Chris good luck this week, get us another one.

8pt~Bowhunter 04-11-2009 09:23 AM

Yahoo0000000000!

Another turkey down! I'll post pictures soon! :D

8pt~Bowhunter 04-11-2009 12:25 PM

This picture was taken a few minutes after the kill. I took this picture with a cell phone so it's a little blurry.

These pictures were taken with a high quality camera.

Score soon to come! :D

EDIT: Story

STORY
------------------------------------------------
As I walked to the top of the "mountain" a blanket of heavy fog covered the ground. It was a beautiful morning for turkey hunting, but a little on the cold side for what I was wearing.

Once I reached the top of the mountain I started to call with my "H.S. Crystal Call". I would walk 75-100 yards, stop, call, and listen for a response. On my third stop I called and heard a faint *gobble gobble * in the distance. Upon hearing this I slowly waked halfway down a hill in the direction of the turkey(s).

Once I got all settled down I called again and almost instantly, I got a response! *GOBBLE GOBBLE*

These turkey were still a ways away as I could only faintly hear them. After about 7 more minutes I called again and instantly got another response! After 45 minutes of this the turkeys sounded like they were getting closer.

I put down my call and shouldered my shotgun as I waited for the turkeys to emerge from the thick vegetation and branches below me.

Finally I saw four jakes walking towards me at 75 yards. (I quietly waited as the turkeys closed the distance.) At 45 yards the turkey angled away from me and started walking straight up the hill from where I came from.

When the lead turkey reached 40 yards I fired.... the turkeys ran around in circles but the lead jake only walked a few yards away as though nothing had happened. I quickly chambered another round and gave him two follow up shots, which sent him to the ground flopping.

After all the commotion of three shots being fired and a dead turkey laying on the forest floor thrashing in the leaves, the three other jakes that were following him were all staying put. 30 minutes later they finally walked away and I retrieved my bird.

I went to where I last saw him by a log but he wasn't there! After a few minutes of searching I saw his fan sticking out from underneath a log! This jake had somehow managed to get himself behind and underneath a log!?!

bigfathunter 04-11-2009 12:49 PM

awesome way to get us on the board

8pt~Bowhunter 04-11-2009 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: bigfathunter

awesome way to get us on the board
No problem. ;) :D

OKbowhunter20 04-12-2009 07:10 PM

Well I blew it this weekend. I was at full draw with an awesome tom at 15 yards. I was waiting for him to take a couple more steps to give a clear shot, and he saw something he didn't like. As you can probably guess he didn't stick around.

I don't know when I'll get back out again, but hopefully soon.

Siman08/OH 04-12-2009 08:01 PM

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

Well I blew it this weekend. I was at full draw with an awesome tom at 15 yards. I was waiting for him to take a couple more steps to give a clear shot, and he saw something he didn't like. As you can probably guess he didn't stick around.

Dang Will, i didnt know you were after birds already...good luck brotha

8pt~bowhunter....are you going to score your jake or count it as 20?

Hunt4Life23 04-14-2009 11:11 AM

Congratulations on another bird 8pt!

And OKbowhunter, it happens to the best of us don't worry about it. You will get him next time

8pt~Bowhunter 04-16-2009 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

Dang Will, i didnt know you were after birds already...good luck brotha

8pt~bowhunter....are you going to score your jake or count it as 20?
I'll just take the 20 points.

OKbowhunter20 04-18-2009 02:20 PM

I got it done guys. I stuck this nice tom this morning.

Scored: 68.75

Hunt4Life23 04-19-2009 12:36 PM

Awesome!! Thats a great looking bird and way to go. Always nice getting a big tom with the bow. Is there a story to go along with it?

8pt~Bowhunter 04-20-2009 03:24 PM

I got it done guys. I stuck this nice tom this morning.

Scored: 68.75

Congratulations on the turkey! :D

That thing is a monster! ;)

8pt~Bowhunter 04-25-2009 06:16 PM

Big Turkey Down! :)

Story and pictures soon to come!

8pt~Bowhunter 04-26-2009 09:30 AM

Saturday's Turkey:

Sunday's Turkey: