Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Anybody else feed the animals in the winter? >

Anybody else feed the animals in the winter?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Anybody else feed the animals in the winter?

Old 02-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anybody else feed the animals in the winter?

i feed my cows and ducksyes it can be a pain
but actually i just found a well used deer trail that crosses a old fence and so i poured some corn over it hopping to catch so bucks crossing and stopping by to eat and knock off their antlers on the fence i hope i works
Old 02-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Centauri

We have bird feeders set out all year and we used to feed the deer, but the DNR banned feeding in our county.
what is the DNR?

before i moved we fed deer during the winter and we had birdfeeders. if we used a bird feeder at our apartment the squirrels would tear it apart

-CC
Old 02-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

we do. they get a shovel full of apples everyday. we only have about 7 deer at the house right now but most of you know that our deer heard took hell last winter so 7 is good! this winter is looking as bad if not worse then last unfortunatly. we are already past the half way total snowfall of last winter already. not good. we go through about 75-100 bushel of apples from about dec-march
Old 02-03-2009, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

we also got a least 70-100 turkeys coming in throughout the winter all in different sized groups, i think the biggest group we would get was around 50-60 turkeys, that was pretty cool i miss all the wildlife now, no seeing deer and turkeys when you live up in an apartment building

-CC
Old 02-03-2009, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

cant believe you traded in the easy goin layed back country livin for endless piles of pigeon chit
Old 02-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

cant believe you traded in the easy goin layed back country livin for endless piles of pigeon chit
were on the outskirts, its not all city not where we are anyways. i was making the bed today and looked at the window and there was a huge Northern Harrier Hawk sitting on a branch almost touching the window so that was pretty cool. ultimately if jason stays in chatham for his work then we are going to move out into the country part, there is a lot of beautiful land for sale for really cheap prices. and if we end up relocating to Cape Breton then he was told that we would be moving to a cabin in the middle of nowhere anyway so definately lots of wildlife out there

-CC
Old 02-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats pretty cool. just curious, whats virgin land goin for where you are. $/per acre?

also, i too was makin the bed today wondering why the hell am i doing this. ill be sleepin in it again in a matter of hours.....makes no sense to me
Old 02-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats pretty cool. just curious, whats virgin land goin for where you are. $/per acre?

also, i too was makin the bed today wondering why the hell am i doing this. ill be sleepin in it again in a matter of hours.....makes no sense to me
sky i think the same thing

i was baiting for deer but im stopping now becasue bowseason over
Old 02-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

ya noe... there once was a kid who asked that very same question to his father. And guess what his father said??? His father said, ''"then why do you wipe ur butt after you take a dump?"
Old 02-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tim03b

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

ya noe... there once was a kid who asked that very same question to his father. And guess what his father said??? His father said, ''"then why do you wipe ur butt after you take a dump?"
becasue if dont your gonna smell like s*** and your gonna chafe big time. and if you dont make your bed..............................nothing happnens

Quick Reply: Anybody else feed the animals in the winter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.