HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   git this (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/281476-git.html)

arrows flinger 01-05-2009 10:00 PM

git this

me and my grandpaw and his friend were commin back from coon huntin and got followed by a cop and while my grandpaw drives he drives all over the road(but who dont) and the cop thought he was drunk so he pulled us over and we had my pellet gun and .22 in the back and he seen them but didnt ask about them seems to me he would ask about them right?

Retaks 01-06-2009 04:20 AM

RE: git this

If you look like your hunting sometimes they wont.

Rory/MO 01-06-2009 05:01 AM

ORIGINAL: arrows flinger
while my grandpaw drives he drives all over the road(but who dont)

Most people:eek:

arrows flinger 01-06-2009 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

well i meant in his age range

Rory/MO 01-06-2009 08:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

well i meant in his age range
Still most people.

Siman08/OH 01-06-2009 08:27 AM

All cops arent out to arrest people for having BB guns in the back seat :D

arrows flinger 01-06-2009 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

All cops arent out to arrest people for having BB guns in the back seat :D
i didnt say arrest i said ask about them and the pellet gun dont suprize me but the .22 dose

halfrack VIII 01-06-2009 03:19 PM

i be glad if i were you. I'm under eighteen so if i get caught with a gun in my car in NJ i am royaly screwed

Retaks 01-06-2009 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: halfrack VIII

i be glad if i were you. I'm under eighteen so if i get caught with a gun in my car in NJ i am royaly screwed
Where in NJ are you? I live right across the Comm Barry Bridge in PA.

StruttinGobbler3 01-08-2009 08:13 PM

I can think oftwo good reasons nothing was said about the .22- Number oneyour grandfather was obviously over the age of eighteen, so he was of age to have a rifle in the vehicle. Number two if you were coming back from a coon hunt it would be obvious once he lookedand saw what was in the truck (i.e. hip waders, dogbox, dog, belt lights, etc.), and as previously stated he probably wouldn't start anything about that.

terbzz 01-09-2009 05:14 PM

everyone where i live has guns in there cars and the cops dont care at all.

nick_bleuer76 01-09-2009 06:33 PM

Really? I role with me .243, 12ga. and .22. Most people at my school leave their guns in their back window, nobody cares around here.

Retaks 01-09-2009 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: nick_bleuer76

Really? I role with me .243, 12ga. and .22. Most people at my school leave their guns in their back window, nobody cares around here.
Thats what it is like at my moms house in Alabama. Around my house in PA if you are seen with a bb gun newhere the cops get involved. I have my CCW so im not worried about nething and carry my Springfield XD40 with me about everywhere now.

wis_rifle_hunter 01-09-2009 09:40 PM

as long as you have some sort of hunting thing in your truck they wont ask about it unless its not in a case.

Bullet Hole Bailey 01-10-2009 09:56 AM

If your Grandpa drives all over the road...he might want to consider not driving. Theres no good in it if he is a bad driver...he could kill someone. I am especially aware of this as just 2 months ago my good friend was killed in a car accident.

ksbowhunter121 01-10-2009 12:05 PM

I was pulled over in november after over sleeping at a buddies house when I was supposed to meet my granpa out at the farm to go hunting at daybreak. Well I did get a ticket for a 75 in a 65 but I had two shotguns a bow and a .270 in the backseat and two boxes of shells on the dash all he asked me was if I was going hunting and that was the end of it. I was under 18, but I dont know if kansas has a law about transporting firarms under the age of 18 if so I was darn lucky.

Bowtech 360 01-10-2009 02:16 PM

Ugh the cops hated me at my old house.

Story #1

Was walking down the road to my grandpas who lives about .5 mile away one morning. I had my shotgun with me because we were going to go hunting. Well a cop comes by and sees me (came from the back and seen my hunting tag) and tell me to unload the gun which it already was. He starts treating me like im a terrorist or somthing. I tell him im going to up with my uncle down the road and were going hunting. We were like 50 feet from the driveway at this point so i walk the rest of the way. This guy waited till my uncle showed up, 15 mins late and the copmust of had a stick up his butt.

Story #2

ill type it later tonight

halfrack VIII 01-10-2009 04:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Retaks

Where in NJ are you? I live right across the Comm Barry Bridge in PA.
go over the easton bridge and into phillsburg, and im the next town over

Retaks 01-11-2009 04:17 AM

I know in PA you can have an unloaded rifle or shotgun in the vehicle with you when you turn 16. You CANNOT have any type of handgun until your 18.

kaibab_hunter74 01-11-2009 10:02 AM

I don't know why he would care, it's the second amendment; the right tobare arms. Now I don't know what the laws are where you live, but you might have to have them into a gun case.

Siman08/OH 01-11-2009 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: kaibab_hunter74

I don't know why he would care, it's the second amendment; the right tobare arms. Now I don't know what the laws are where you live, but you might have to have them into a gun case.
That just means you can own them. And if your grandpa is a bad driver then he should not be driving. I am a fire fighter and stuff like that leads to accident and injuries/death.

kaibab_hunter74 01-11-2009 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

ORIGINAL: kaibab_hunter74

That just means you can own them. And if your grandpa is a bad driver then he should not be driving. I am a fire fighter and stuff like that leads to accident and injuries/death.
The word "bare" encompasses more meanings than just "own".

halfrack VIII 01-11-2009 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Retaks

I know in PA you can have an unloaded rifle or shotgun in the vehicle with you when you turn 16. You CANNOT have any type of handgun until your 18.
yeah, i think thats how it should be, but its up for debate about the worst gun laws in the nation between NJ and california