HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   Whats ur fav.. duck or goose call????? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/280660-whats-ur-fav-duck-goose-call.html)

CodyGuess 12-30-2008 08:29 PM

Whats ur fav.. duck or goose call?????

jus wanderin on the fav calls.. mine is goin to be both tim grounds calls for both duck an goose.. i love my sweet meet time duck call an then like the pit boss or super mag for goose.. but also like zink calls..

Rory/MO 12-31-2008 02:03 PM

RE: Whats ur fav.. duck or goose call?????

I can't blow a goose call to save my life. Not much on the duck call yet, but I like the Haydel's Dirty Rice.

ksfowler 12-31-2008 02:05 PM

I like the sean mann calls alot for geese i have never tried their duck calls. i am not much of a duck caller anyway i just use a drake whistle.

CodyGuess 12-31-2008 05:10 PM

i love blowin hahahaahhahhahah ;) i got a contest actually coming up.. mom gets pissed cause im in my room constantly makin alota noise haha but she gets over it.. Tim grounds is the way to go all around..

MN/Kyle 12-31-2008 06:25 PM

FreeStyle Goose Calls.

HS Diamond Wood Duck Call, best I've ever blown.

Chris_H 12-31-2008 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

I can't blow a goose call to save my life. Not much on the duck call yet, but I like the Haydel's Dirty Rice.
Don't take it too hard Rory, other than the single honk and the murmur, I can't blow a goose call either. That being said, I'm sick nasty with aduck call. Practice makes perfect, and I practice every morning on the way to school in the truck. Being really good with my mallard call is a pretty useless trade considering I only see mallards one out of every five hunts. I love my RNT Cocobolo single reed, and the Foiles Strait Meat calls are something that I'm gonna invest in soon. As of right now, however, the Duck Commander Wood duck call is a necessity, and I love the tone. They are a hell of a lot easier to blow than the Primos woodie calls, and just sound more "winey" like a woodie.

Rory/MO 01-01-2009 12:13 PM

Tim grounds is the way to go all around..
My dad used to hunt with Tim Grounds a little bit.
Chris, the reason I'm not much is because I don't practice. I'll get better by next year, just not too worried right now.

sharpshooter19 01-01-2009 12:15 PM

i like the electromic one my cousin has one and the work pretty good

Chris_H 01-01-2009 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

Tim grounds is the way to go all around..

Chris, the reason I'm not much is because I don't practice.
Exactly the same reason why I can't blow a goose call.

Oneshot7 01-01-2009 06:46 PM

Mick Lacy calls give off a good tone, but like Chris I see mallards here every once in about 5 or 6 hunts, and then they dont want to committ to the water. I used to be able to blow a goose flute alright, but I am out of touch with it now, got to get a new one, as I had geese come into my swamp today. I had a great woodie call from Haydells, but I dropped it in the swamp and she sank to her demise, got to pick up a new one. Stupid ducks costs to much money [8D]