HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   New Years (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/280471-new-years.html)

Shootstuff4570 12-29-2008 04:48 PM

New Years

so wuts ya'lls plans for new years. me, im goin to someones house and havin a great time!

Centauri 12-29-2008 04:55 PM

RE: New Years

What I always do, sit home and do nothing.

Bowtech 360 12-29-2008 05:03 PM

Planning on GF comming over, watch a movie or somthing, eat snacks and hang out till new year, prolly kiss each other goodbye as her parents come and pick her up. New years day Ill prolly go to her house where she beats me at this hunting game on the wii.

skybuster20ga 12-29-2008 06:33 PM

i aint drinkin nothin for the first time in 10 years on new years....well maybe a few beers but i dont want to feel. its the opening day of trout fishin and i wanna be on the ice by 5.

Watch the language please

ksfowler 12-29-2008 06:42 PM

Nothing as well probably going hunting the next morning so i dont want to be to tired.

Red Hawk 12-29-2008 07:13 PM

Have to work on NY eve and day

bayou_buckslayer 12-29-2008 07:18 PM

I will hunt and stay up late and watch all the marathons on tv.....Hang out with cousins...And text all night long!! WOOHOO! im a party animal!

Im talking about ny eve by the way ny day i will hunt and go back to baton rouge

Tobe_B 12-29-2008 11:49 PM

I plan on huntin New Years eve morning, goin to work in the afternoon, goin spot lighting that night, then gettin up and goin sheep/pig hunting on New Years, can't think of a better way to start the year than huntin!

mossberghunter93 12-30-2008 07:31 AM

i might go to a party i might not watever the warden says;)

wis_rifle_hunter 12-30-2008 10:13 AM

im going to a friends party tonight and new years day im going hunting or four-wheeling

bigdeernofear 12-30-2008 10:20 AM

friends party

whitetailbowhunter 12-30-2008 11:26 AM

my family is coming over for New Years and we will go skating and tobogganing

Siman08/OH 12-30-2008 12:13 PM

Fire department party

bayou_buckslayer 12-30-2008 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Tobe_B

I plan on huntin New Years eve morning, goin to work in the afternoon, GOIN SPOTLIGHTING THAT NIGHT, then gettin up and goin sheep/pig hunting on New Years, can't think of a better way to start the year than huntin!
Spotlighting???? Lol my dad just called the police on a (lastnight) spotlighter u better not get caught....I dont agree with it but whatever
To each his own

OKbowhunter20 12-30-2008 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: bayou_buckslayer

I plan on huntin New Years eve morning, goin to work in the afternoon, GOIN SPOTLIGHTING THAT NIGHT, then gettin up and goin sheep/pig hunting on New Years, can't think of a better way to start the year than huntin!
Spotlighting???? Lol my dad just called the police on a (lastnight) spotlighter u better not get caught....I dont agree with it but whatever
To each his own

I'm assuming it's legal. There are certain things here that can be hunted at night with spotlights.

As for New Years, i'm gonna go to a party and wait for the ball to drop. By then I will probably be losing my lunch:D

Retaks 12-30-2008 05:19 PM

Im gonna be with the GF her best friend and her BF or whatever he is. Were all chillin at ym house for the night then me and ehr are supposed to go to the Mummers Day Parade but its going to be extremely cold and windy so we might not because i dont wanna be there for 5 hours to get a spot and they cancel it because of the wind.

CodyGuess 12-30-2008 07:06 PM

goin to the gf family new years eve party.. then goin to whack some ducks.. like they said cant think of a better way to start the new year

Tobe_B 12-30-2008 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

To each his own

I'm assuming it's legal. There are certain things here that can be hunted at night with spotlights.

Yes, what I go spot lighting for is legal. And I myself have called the Game Warden on people spot lighting, but there was a safety issue with where they were discharging the firearms. In Texas we can go spot lighting for any non-game(Varmint) animal, which is an endless list, a lot of the things in the states where you guys are hunting in that have seasons, don't here, such as hogs, racoons, squirrels, rabbits(don't really know if anyone has a season on these), and coyotes. But in relation to your concern about getting caught, I have my license, my hunters ed, and I never shoot at anything that isn't with in legal hunting hours or season.

Steven McBee 12-30-2008 08:34 PM

well as of right now i have no clue whatsoever, my parents are down with my dads dad and all my dads brothers and sister, sitting at his house to comfort my grandma and be there when my grandpa passes (which will be within an hour and a half)

Tobe_B 12-30-2008 08:40 PM

^^
I'm really sorry to hear that, I wasn't with my grandfather when he died either, it was tough. I wish you and your family well.

bayou_buckslayer 12-30-2008 08:47 PM

:D

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

To each his own

Yes, what I go spot lighting for is legal. And I myself have called the Game Warden on people spot lighting, but there was a safety issue with where they were discharging the firearms. In Texas we can go spot lighting for any non-game(Varmint) animal, which is an endless list, a lot of the things in the states where you guys are hunting in that have seasons, don't here, such as hogs, racoons, squirrels, rabbits(don't really know if anyone has a season on these), and coyotes. But in relation to your concern about getting caught, I have my license, my hunters ed, and I never shoot at anything that isn't with in legal hunting hours or season.
Sorry My bad......Good luck!

Bowtech 360 12-30-2008 08:51 PM

Ok, updated plans, going to GFs house, she wanted me to come over and shoot bows in her indoor range in her basement then play hunting games for the Wii, I found a keeper lol.

Tobe_B 12-30-2008 09:12 PM

Bayou no worries, you never insulted me, I knew that you probably didn't know much about the hunting rules in a different state. Until I joined this forum, I had no idea that the rules could be so diverse.

Bowtech...:eek:...I give it a week.

mossbergman11/OH 12-30-2008 09:18 PM

i was planning on going to a friends party but now that i got the flu and feel all bad and gave the flu to two other people i think my best bet is to stay at home;)

bayou_buckslayer 12-30-2008 09:41 PM

Well all i can say that yall r way more patient then anybody in any forum i have ever been to....Tobe if i messed up and said something like that in the deer hunters forum I would be ripped apart! Thanks for the patience thanks guys!! lol

Tobe_B 12-30-2008 09:47 PM

I've seen some of the things that people have said, that someone just read it the wrong way it turns into a 10 page argument, not cool, I wish some of these guys would chill out. Oh by the way, I have yet to visit the bowhunters forum due to the fact that you guys scared me away from there when I first became a member.

bayou_buckslayer 12-30-2008 09:48 PM

Yea there r some jerks on here...Its safe in here :D

Tobe_B 12-30-2008 10:01 PM

I kinda highjacked the thread, my bad y'all. I'll work on keepin my rants and conversations to a minimum.

Bowtech 360 12-31-2008 07:57 AM

I kinda highjacked the thread, my bad y'all. I'll work on keepin my rants and conversations to a minimum.

Its ok, nobody really cares about hijacking in this forum lol.

PS, its day 16.

Shootstuff4570 12-31-2008 08:33 AM

Bayou no worries, you never insulted me, I knew that you probably didn't know much about the hunting rules in a different state. Until I joined this forum, I had no idea that the rules could be so diverse.

Bowtech...:eek:...I give it a week.

LOL!!!

buckhunter14 12-31-2008 09:39 AM

Nobody is going to New York or Grand Rapids for the ball drop?!?!

This will be the first year for the ball drop in Grand Rapids, tons of bands playing and people all over that place.

Taking a date and a couple friends down there. Can't wait. Going to be an absolute blast!!!!

Everyone better be posting pictures of these crazy parties after new years!