HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   pet peeves........... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/279516-pet-peeves.html)

Red Hawk 03-17-2009 05:15 PM

RE: pet peeves...........

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

red i know your a mod and everything and i respect what you have to do; but in real life if people are scuffling or argueing are you just gonna have them shut their mouths and get more pissed at the other person, or let them figure it out on their own terms? i think you should let stuff happen and if it gets REAL BAD then step in. just a suggestion. nothing gonna get better here if you just "poof" stuff away and delete threads. this is just my opinion on it and i mean no offense what so ever. its just a suggestion

Fair enough question and I have no problem answering that question. I am probably being overzealous but will give my reasons. Because this is an family site, even the smallest little silly thing such as onlineverbal pursefight can make the parent(s) wonder what kind of place this is? I always forget her last name, but that Meghan girl. She killed herself because,or at least it playedlarge part of it the reason,was somevery mean words said to her over the computer. Think about this, all the words on the screen are typed from another person, yes, however, we don't know the mentality of the person behind it, it could be someone who suffers from depression, or bipolar, or whatever the case might be.Now, I seriously hope that never happens on here and the chances are extremely low, but still, if there is nothing but negative and hateful said things to someone on here,there is always small chance it could happen again.

kaibab_hunter74 03-17-2009 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

red i know your a mod and everything and i respect what you have to do; but in real life if people are scuffling or argueing are you just gonna have them shut their mouths and get more pissed at the other person, or let them figure it out on their own terms? i think you should let stuff happen and if it gets REAL BAD then step in. just a suggestion. nothing gonna get better here if you just "poof" stuff away and delete threads. this is just my opinion on it and i mean no offense what so ever. its just a suggestion

Fair enough question and I have no problem answering that question. I am probably being overzealous but will give my reasons. Because this is an family site, even the smallest little silly thing such as onlineverbal pursefight can make the parent(s) wonder what kind of place this is? I always forget her last name, but that Meghan girl. She killed herself because,or at least it playedlarge part of it the reason,was somevery mean words said to her over the computer. Think about this, all the words on the screen are typed from another person on the screen yes, however, we don't know the mentality of the person behind it, it could be someone who suffers from depression, or bipolar, or whatever the case might be.Now, I seriously hope that never happens on here and the chances are extremely low, but still, if there is nothing but negative and hateful said things to someone on here,there is always small chance it could happen again.
Very understandable, we don't want to see this site become another "Youtube" in terms of comments.

mossbergman11/OH 03-18-2009 12:03 PM

Fair enough question and I have no problem answering that question. I am probably being overzealous but will give my reasons. Because this is an family site, even the smallest little silly thing such as onlineverbal pursefight can make the parent(s) wonder what kind of place this is? I always forget her last name, but that Meghan girl. She killed herself because,or at least it playedlarge part of it the reason,was somevery mean words said to her over the computer. Think about this, all the words on the screen are typed from another person on the screen yes, however, we don't know the mentality of the person behind it, it could be someone who suffers from depression, or bipolar, or whatever the case might be.Now, I seriously hope that never happens on here and the chances are extremely low, but still, if there is nothing but negative and hateful said things to someone on here,there is always small chance it could happen again.
i dont understand why someone would kill themselves becasue of that............ i mean you dont know the people

kaibab_hunter74 03-18-2009 12:58 PM

i dont understand why someone would kill themselves becasue of that............ i mean you dont know the people
It's called depression.... grab yourself a Webster's and read.

Red Hawk 03-18-2009 02:15 PM

Well, based on my own experience, and the scars I have on my wrist (I was 17 at the time). I fell into deep depression so bad that even if someone did insult me over the computer, I would have taken it to heart. Point being,sometimes even the smallest andseemilyharmless words, can havecatastrophic results to those who are emotional vulnerable.

sachiko 03-18-2009 04:13 PM

Some people get very dragged down emotionally and have nowhere to turn for help or advice.I was very fortunate in that my mom was always there for me no matter what. Not everyone is that lucky and it's easy to feel lost when you're young.

mossbergman11/OH 03-18-2009 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: kaibab_hunter74

It's called depression.... grab yourself a Webster's and read.

:eek:

red im sorry to hear that. i can understand why you wouldnt want that to happen to anyone else

Red Hawk 03-19-2009 12:37 PM

Its mainly due to my caring, protective and fatherly instinct mixed all into one.

As for the parent instinct, I'm sure DLG could vouch for me about that one.

sachiko 03-19-2009 01:26 PM

Its mainly due to my caring, protective and fatherly instinct mixed all into one.

As for the parent instinct, I'm sure DLG could vouch for me about that one.
Exactly!!!