Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Deer Taken Away >

Deer Taken Away

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Deer Taken Away

Old 12-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Taken Away

here it is as promised. i also want to say that we blew this case out of the water and also that the warden that wrote this report is no longr a warden. and warden hall who is mentioned in this case was fired that winter because of cases like this that cost money and went no wheres.

and if your wondering, yes i did shoot the deer, it wasnt as difficult a shot as they made it out to be. i already had a dozen deer under my belt at this time in my lifde.they were looking to fill their quota of summons for the season

page 1 http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/skybuster20/12-09-2008064244AM.jpg

page 2 http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/skybuster20/12-09-2008064723AM.jpg

page3 http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/skybuster20/12-09-2008064947AM.jpg

and a nice "customized" little map that thewardens drew.
its real nice.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/skybuster20/12-09-2008065300AM.jpg
Old 12-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

here it is as promised. i also want to say that we blew this case out of the water and also that the warden that wrote this report is no longr a warden. and warden hall who is mentioned in this case was fired that winter because of cases like this that cost money and went no wheres.

and if your wondering, yes i did shoot the deer, it wasnt as difficult a shot as they made it out to be. i already had a dozen deer under my belt at this time in my lifde.they were looking to fill their quota of summons for the season

page 1 http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/skybuster20/12-09-2008064244AM.jpg

page 2 http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/skybuster20/12-09-2008064723AM.jpg

page3 http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/skybuster20/12-09-2008064947AM.jpg

and a nice "customized" little map that thewardens drew.
its real nice.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/skybuster20/12-09-2008065300AM.jpg
Where were these game wordens going with this report? Were they trying to say that your dad shot this deer?
Old 12-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

pretty much and that the shot was too tough fopr a kid w/ iron sights. the DA read the report and tossed it out. it was so fabricated. my question was since when is a vet a ballistics expert? the deer was proccessed so there was no way for me to show the entrance hole and exit and the wardens conveinantly didnt take any pics. it was my word against theirs. the deer actually laid there in a clunp of jack pines when my dad come down through and when we were walkin back to the truck i saw it tryin to sneak away and it did cross dads track butthen i shot at it twice as it ran across the ridge and i tucked one in its shoulder.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

haha gotttta love GW's
Old 12-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

pretty much and that the shot was too tough fopr a kid w/ iron sights. the DA read the report and tossed it out. it was so fabricated. my question was since when is a vet a ballistics expert? the deer was proccessed so there was no way for me to show the entrance hole and exit and the wardens conveinantly didnt take any pics. it was my word against theirs. the deer actually laid there in a clunp of jack pines when my dad come down through and when we were walkin back to the truck i saw it tryin to sneak away and it did cross dads track butthen i shot at it twice as it ran across the ridge and i tucked one in its shoulder.
That's just crazy! I guess that's what happens when a game worden gets board...[8D]

Congratulationson gettingyour deer!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

i was just a little kid when this happened too!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

I once had a runin with a young GW about watrefowl shooting time. Its sunset everyone knows that. Well there was another group of hunters in the swamp as me and evidently they walked or had atv's that the GW couldnt locate. My truck on the other hand was visible from the road parked in a field. I had to cross the run of the creek in a jon boat so it was late as I exited to the field. Well upon surprising me in the dark without identifying himself he almost got shot! Imagine dragginga small boat and then a flashlight beam hits you in the eyes, blinds you and all you hear is "hey man whatcha got there?" Well he wrote me a ticket for hunting after hours proceded to tell me he had seen me shoot (though he never left the field and it was 200 yrds through a swamp and a 10-12' deep creek)and that no one else was around due to that fact he had been unable to locate any other vehicle. He stated "that if I didnt give him the runaround or any BS that he wouldnt take my gun,truck, or hunting liscence. Just write the ticket and be done. Well I got a lawyer and ended paying the ticket since it was the cheapest thing to do as I was a college student at the time. The GW approached me before court session that morning and requested I see him after court. I told my attorny and he found out the GW was gonna try to get my Lisence taken for a year. That was the reason I pleaded. IfI pled theywouldlet me keep my liscence, and I didnt have the money to pay the attorny to fight it. But the attorny told me something that he said he learned about gw's thatmakes a lot of sense.

They have all this federal jurisdictional arresting power, but they are ridiculed by the law enforcement community. State, county and even city police basically laugh at them. Call them the opossum patrol or rabbit sherriff or whatnot, and itbasically creates a Napolean complex,so when they go to court they have to fabricate facts to prosecute their cases. Because without witnesses willing to testify or you admitting guilt and it the GW doesnt see you commit a crime its near impossible to prosecute since there are just so many possibilties of variables involved and how hunting laws are written.If I had been smart I would've told him I was shooting at a beaver and then there wouldve been nothing he couldve done. (because I didnt kill anything that day)But I told him I had been duck hunting.
Now not all GW's are this way. I've known several who were quite respectful, curteous, and actually nice. I've seen one let a guy borrow his pen to fill in a tag that he notched but never got a number. So its a hit or miss thing I guess.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got in trouble with a GW for littering because i didnt pick up my shells after i shot at some rabbits on public land. Looking back i shoulda picked them up...but still...thats reaching.

I got off the charges because my dad built his house lol

hes not very popular around here...
Old 12-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know how they proved anything, but they went to court last night and he has to pay a $200 fine, he can't hunt for the rest of the season, and they are going to moniter him closely next year.
It's 500ft.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

what weapon was he using?

And i have not had a bad run in with a GW yet, and hope it will stay that way

Quick Reply: Deer Taken Away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.