HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   what you use for deer hunting? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/274458-what-you-use-deer-hunting.html)

mossbergman11/OH 11-19-2008 04:28 PM

what you use for deer hunting?

im bored so im asking questions:D and i want to know what all your guys hunting stuff is
what kind of gun/bow you have? i have a mossberg 500 12 gauge combo for deer and my
what ammo/arrows/broadheads do you have? i use hornady sst's fer deer and beman ics hunters and magnus stingers, nap thunderheads, and getting 2 blade rages.
what kind of stand/blind do you have? i have an ameristep bully blind and a cheap ameristep stand
what kind of hunting clothes you have? i have bushmasters coveralls and jacket and scent blocker undergarments.
what kind of calls/baits? i have all the can calls and knight and hale ez grunter plus. i use corn, and trophy rock for bait but might try out some c'mere deer.
what kind of scents do you use? i use golden estrus and primetime buck pee in rut and i use trails end #307 all the other time as well as tinks draw 2 and hot musk and moonfire in late season. i also use scent away

Shootstuff4570 11-19-2008 04:31 PM

RE: what you use for deer hunting?

1. marlin 45-70 lever action, or m1a(depends on where i hunt)
2. wutever is shootin good out of the gun
3. a tree...
4. psh...i have no idea, some camo thats nice and warm
5. none
6. none

Steven McBee 11-19-2008 04:44 PM

1. ruger m-77 bolt 280 rem and browning abolt 300 wsm / bow a hoyt katera set at 64.5 lbs
2. federal ammunition/ maxima hunter arrows
3. 80 hunters view hang ons with 40 tree sticks
4. gamehide/ scentblocker/scentlock/rivers west
5.primos buck roar, primos rattle horns, primos the can, and trophy rock
6. hunters specialties doe in estrous

Rory/MO 11-19-2008 05:52 PM

what kind of gun/bow you have? .45 caliber muzzleloader, Fred Bear Truth II set at 63 or so #
what ammo/arrows/broadheads do you have? Powerbelt 195 grains, 777 powder. Arrows- some Cabela's ones that I got a big discount on. Broadheads- Shuttle-T's and Rage 3's
what kind of stand/blind do you have?Couldn't tell ya.
what kind of hunting clothes you have? I wear my waders just about everytime I go, other than that just old hand me downs.
what kind of calls/baits? The Can, E-Z grunter, and a rattle bag.
what kind of scents do you use? Bullseye Bucks

Bocajnala 11-19-2008 06:07 PM

what kind of gun/bow you have? I have a remington 700 in .30-06. I also have a horton yukon crossbow. I also have a buckmaster 2000 crossbow
what ammo/arrows/broadheads do you have? I use 165 gr.remington core lokts.
what kind of stand/blind do you have? I have several home made stands and a climbing stand for bow hunting, no stand for gun season
what kind of hunting clothes you have? Just an old pair of coveralls and a camo coat from our local store... other then that just normal clothes
what kind of calls/baits?No bait. I use several "can calls" and a grunt tube....I also rattle some.
what kind of scents do you use? I use docs deer scent "two doe One bottle" I think is what it says.
-Jake

Retaks 11-19-2008 06:12 PM

what kind of gun/bow you have? Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 300 WSM, Mossberg 835, Remington 7600 in 30-06, Ruger No.1 in 300 Weatherby, Remington 7400 in 270, Remington 7600 in 243, CZ 527 American in 204 Ruger, Mossberg 500, Taurus 44 Mag, Hoyt ZR200, Hoyt Katera, Fred Bear (I foirget which model off thet of of my head)

what ammo/arrows/broadheads do you have? 180gr Winchester Power Points in 300 WSM, 3.5in 00 Buck, 3in Federal Barnes Expanders, 150gr Remington Core Lokt in 30-06, 180gr Weatherby Accubonds in 300 Weatherby, 140gr Winchester Power Points in 270, 95gr (I think 95 gr) Winchester Ballistic Silvertips in 243, 32gr Remington Accutips in 204 Ruger, Magtech 280gr Jacketed Soft Points, For all my bows i use 27" Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows with 100gr Splitfire heads.

what kind of stand/blind do you have? I dont know the exact models but i have 2 Summit climbers and 1 Comfort Zone climber. I use the Comfort Zone the most.

what kind of hunting clothes you have? A little of everything. It all depends on the weather. I hunt in everything from 80 degree sunny weather to -15 and snow/sleet.

what kind of calls/baits? I dont know what call i use. Its and adjustable grunt that goes from fawn to buck and a rattle bag. Also alot of corn.

what kind of scents do you use? Tinks 69

Pope94/IA 11-19-2008 07:01 PM

what kind of gun/bow you have? I have a bb gun, a 22/4-10 switch barrel, a diamond rapture lite bow
what ammo/arrows/broadheads do you have? I use muzzy 100s
what kind of stand/blind do you have? I have a metal stand. And a groundmax vision blind
what kind of hunting clothes you have?Iusually wear two sets of long underwear, two pairs of jeans, my camo coveralls, a thick pair of thermo socks, witha thick set ofwarm boots, a long sleeve underarm **** with a plain t-shirt over that, two warm sweat shirts and a warm 2 layer coat. Oh and a set of gloves and acamo ski mask. And guess what,I still get cold every once in awhile.
what kind of calls/baits?I have thecan fawn bleet call, M.A.D. grunt snort wheeze call, and I think its called buck masters grunt call or something.I also use a set of deer horns to rattle with.
what kind of scents do you use?I use scent away. tinks#1 doe p and sometimes I use Pope94/IAlittle boy pee. :D It works.

Centauri 11-19-2008 07:05 PM

what kind of gun/bow you have?Remington 742 30-06 semi auto

what ammo/arrows/broadheads do you have? Anything Remington

what kind of stand/blind do you have?Ameristep Doghouse and some model of the Big Dog stands

what kind of hunting clothes you have?A one piece blaze orange suit

what kind of calls/baits?An old one that my dad uses, and a Flambeau Squeeze Call

what kind of scents do you use? Whatever the local Gander Mtn. has.

8pt~Bowhunter 11-19-2008 07:06 PM

what kind of gun/bow you have? Parker Ultra Lite 31 set @ 60 lbs. 30" draw, 280 f.p.s.
what ammo/arrows/broadheads do you have? Terminator LITE HUNTER F.O.C. 6075 arrows with 100 grain Smoke broadheads.
what kind of stand/blind do you have? Remington climber or Ameristep Brick House 360
what kind of hunting clothes you have? REALTREE AP hi-definition camouflage pants, shirt, gloves, ect...
what kind of calls/baits? Primos "Do in Estrous can call" or the "TRUE TALKER"
what kind of scents do you use? "GOLDEN ESTROUS" scent

skybuster20ga 11-19-2008 07:08 PM

as youve seen from pics i have my choice of about any kind and caliber of firearm i choose but when its time to get serious i alway will grab one of my four carbine pumps either in 30-06 or .35 whelen.

for ammo i shoot primarily green box round nose out of my 06 pumps in 180 and 220 gr. out of my whelen i like 225 tbbc and horn. interlock 250's

for clothing i dont really wear camo. trackin it doesnt matter much. i wear wool jacket and pants made by either johnson or beagle wear. beagle is by far the best iver ever worn. look it up on their site!! my jackets are either green/black checkerd or my new beagle wool coat is a fancy camo color w/ the orange sewn into it. i only wear 18" lacrosse non-insulated boots also w/ my woolies tucked in.

i use a 3 1/4" drop point buck knife. and sometimes i use some white lightning scent away. i dont rifle hunt from tree stands but during bow season i do and i have all API, summit, and loggy bayou stands....actually i had one cheap gorilla but it was stolen anyways. as far as im concerned the thieves didnt get much.

i do wear a true talker grunt tube around my neck. sometimes tracking if you jump the buck out and dont get a good look or no good shot, sometimes its possible to grunt a few times and get a better look.....sometimes

i guess thats about it. ohyea, and i carry two compasses. cuz they do go to hell, i had a brunton for a while that went to hell last week atually. i also carrly about 8 ft. of good rope coiled up on my cartridge belt and about 10 ft. of blue ribbon in my oat pocket for flagging a buck i might have to leave over night or where i fired from or any amount of reasons