Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 I regret to inform you... >

I regret to inform you...

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

I regret to inform you...

Old 10-30-2008, 07:53 PM

Default I regret to inform you...

That my presence will be absent for a little while on here. I broke my right hand yesterday playing bball pretty badly. The E.R. doc called it a "boxers fracture". I go see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to see if i'm going to need surgery. E.R doc didn't sound very optimistic but keep me in your prayers please, i don't have any insurance so theres no way i can afford surgery. Out of my 5 previous broken bones, i've never had them hurt as bad as this one does. I'm taking 2 vicodin every 4-6 hours and they ain't doing much. Hunting season is probably out seeing as it takes 6-8 weeks to heal
Old 10-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Little Doe Peep

Default RE: I regret to inform you...

ORIGINAL: AmateurHunter44857

That my presence will be absent for a little while on here. I broke my right hand yesterday playing bball pretty badly. The E.R. doc called it a "boxers fracture". I go see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to see if i'm going to need surgery. E.R doc didn't sound very optimistic but keep me in your prayers please, i don't have any insurance so theres no way i can afford surgery. Out of my 5 previous broken bones, i've never had them hurt as bad as this one does. I'm taking 2 vicodin every 4-6 hours and they ain't doing much. Hunting season is probably out seeing as it takes 6-8 weeks to heal
Ouch!!! You definitely have my prayers.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

ouch man..sorry to hear that... hope you get some hunting time in.
-Jake
Old 10-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

OUCH, I just hope you swing left handed.....Or you might be lonely....Sorry, had to beat Andy to the punch!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

I had one of those. punched the side of a barn. They were suppose to put my hand in a cast but i didn't need one if i didn't want one. Long story short, after a few weeks, my hand was good as new. didn't know you needed surgey. well good luck and hope everything will be ok.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear that bud
Old 10-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks man. never broken a bone before so I can't really relate to what you're goin through.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn that sucks man, look on the brightside though, im not going to talk a girl into throwing you a medicine ball like i did to Andy when he was in bad shape!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:38 AM

Ive done that before. it took me about 2 weeks and i was back running up and down the mountans hunting and ridin 4wheelers again. I wish i had pics of it. Mine was bad but easily straightend back out and is still kinda crooked but unless you look you cant tell. Soak your hand in ice water to help numb it. Youll be surprised on how much it helps. Just dont leave it to long.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rammer

OUCH, I just hope you swing left handed.....Or you might be lonely....Sorry, had to beat Andy to the punch!
lol you beat me to it.

that sucks AH. im sure youll recover faster then expected. be positive and take it easy untill the last possible second before deer season!

Quick Reply: I regret to inform you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.