HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   this grinds me! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/257366-grinds-me.html)

skybuster20ga 08-12-2008 06:14 PM

this grinds me!

so i got done work fairly early cuz of the rain and decided to go over to new hampshire where i bow hunt and set move my deer camera and make a mock scrape or two and look around for the buck tracks i found last winter and i found TWO tree stands in there set up where i usually set up! i dunno if ppl have been seein my truck parked there and it got their curriosity goin and they took a walk and found out that where i was is a hot spot i dunno but that erks me! sooooooooooooi took a little hike further up the brook and found a couple places where some deer have been crossing and i guess im gonna hang a stand there[:@]. i dont see any sense in hangin one right where those other two meat heads hung theres even though thats the best place. i dunno, i guess i can hope that they dont have a brain and leave the nastiest scent trail to and from the road and make the deer swing a little wider up towards me. THIS WHY I LIKE HUNTING THE BIG WOODS!!!!!!! you never see another hunter! im half debating on havin me my father my uncles and my brothers go in this piece (which we dont really hunt w/ rifles cuz it almost wouldnt be fair to the deer) and wiping out every buck in there this november during the rifle season

andy da animal 08-12-2008 08:56 PM

RE: this grinds me!

its REAL early to be putting up stands. how long did you leave your stand up there after last year? if you left it to long they might have stumbled on it and wanted to claim it before you.

i have some ideas you could do but it wouldnt be ethical....just kinda fun to think about.:D

Retaks 08-13-2008 03:00 AM

ORIGINAL: andy da animal

its REAL early to be putting up stands. how long did you leave your stand up there after last year? if you left it to long they might have stumbled on it and wanted to claim it before you.

i have some ideas you could do but it wouldnt be ethical....just kinda fun to think about.:D
Its really not that early. I was looking or places to hang stands last night. Our bow season starts in a couple weeks.

andy da animal 08-13-2008 08:28 AM

bow stands isnt to early...i forgot bout bow.

my bow season was over for it started....and now my gun seasons in jepordy. i was trying to forget bout bow to make me a little less miserable. my bad

AlbertianHuntress 08-13-2008 01:34 PM

bow stands isnt to early...i forgot bout bow.

my bow season was over for it started....and now my gun seasons in jepordy. i was trying to forget bout bow to make me a little less miserable. my bad
I'll help you Andy!!

What ... bow season?? Whats that lmao!

skybuster20ga 08-13-2008 03:42 PM

huh!?!?! bow season starts for me on sept 2nd! im actually a little late. i usually set them up around the last week in july. the deer in this fairly small piece of woods dont change their patterns untill about the first few rifle shots lol but we dont gun hunt really around here too much.

as far as how long i usually leave them, i make sure there all down by the end of october when bow season ends. and my deer camera are in by the firsat of october when bird hunting starts. my friends have had there deer cameras blasted by Ahole bird hunters!

also, this doesnt really matter but i thought i share anywyas, im gonna kill my new hampshire deer w/ my traditional bow!....or atleast attemt it lol

whitetailbowhunter 08-13-2008 06:07 PM

Bow season is just around the corner!!! Aug. 25th!

smallgamehunter12 08-13-2008 06:56 PM

thats why u hunt on private property most hunters you'll will is 1 maybe 2 hunters

skybuster20ga 08-13-2008 07:10 PM

hahhahahaha no private land here home slice.

andy da animal 08-13-2008 07:41 PM

k well all your guys bow season starts real early! ours starts october first. and my bow stand stays up all year, so i forget bout it. if its aug 25th then ya its not as early as i thought.

bush...im confused...you going to help me bow hunt??? or what where you saying??? im confused...not that its uncommon or anything