Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 how did you get into hunting?? >

how did you get into hunting??

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

how did you get into hunting??

Old 03-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default how did you get into hunting??

how did you get into hunting? i got into it with my brother when he took me out duck hunting when i was 10. then i got interested in deer hunting at 12 with my uncle and brother, my dad doesnt hunt so i learn stuff form my brother and uncle. but in north dakota you cant shoot deer until ur 14 yrs old. been in love with hunting and fishing ever scence
Old 03-04-2003, 04:37 PM

Default RE: how did you get into hunting??

my dad hunted deer and took me along once in awhile. I basically loved it and have gone ever since then.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:03 PM

I remember when i was like 10 , my bro was just old enough to go grouse hunting. It was my dad, my bro and i out their grouse hunting, of course i wasent old enough i just had the bb gun shootin at stumps and stuff. I enjoyed it ever since. started going deer hunting with my dad that year and then started bowhunting and grouse hunting at 12 and rifle hunting at age 14. Have been hooked on in since.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is kind of a weird story. I' ll keep it short for you

My dad was helping someone do some repairs on his house. This guy just happened to be a taxidermist. So one day I went over with my parents, and saw all the animal heads on the wall, and some bows too. I thought they looked kind of neat. Then he showed me a deer hunting video. After that I saw the trophy room. At that time I was probably 10 years old, maybe 9. Anyway....ever since then I' ve kinda been hooked on it. I finally went hunting a few weeks before I turned 16.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Both my parents hunt, at least my dad still does. But one deer hunting trip I went with them when i was about 4 or 5. My sister was about the same age (we have almost 7 years apart, me being the younger of the two) but she never hunts though.

Old 03-05-2003, 06:33 PM

I was 12 when we moved here to Ohio, had some friends that hunt, they talked about it and stuff, and I thought it was Really cool. then I started hunting about 4 months later.
Old 03-22-2003, 12:38 PM

well my grampa was a big hunter but my dad never hunted because my mom wasnt all into cleaning dead animals. so my friends got me into it, i got all my grampas old guns... win model 12 shotguns, and some win .22 i dont know the models but i saw that they were worth some $$$ so i bought a new gun so i can keep these classics in the cabinet. i have to thank my best friend mike that started me with it all. who_else
Old 03-29-2003, 05:19 PM

same as above, my buddy mike, and his father. My best huntin and fishin buddies, but also my stepgrandpa, he taught me everything i know.[:-]
Old 04-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

I kinda got into it on my own. No one I grew up with hunts. Some of my family hunts but none that I spent time with much after I was about 3. It never really came up much. I have fished since I was 2 so I think watching TNN of weekends instead of cartoons might have had something to do with it[8D]
Since my mom nor dad hunt, I have to go with a friend of the family and all his friends which have now become my friends and hunting buddies
Old 04-02-2003, 02:55 PM

It would be great to see you try something out of the ordinary. Since you learnt to hunt without the direct rpesence of your Dad, why dont you introduce him into hunting. It is a great bonding experience. Try it, he may just take youup on the offer.

Quick Reply: how did you get into hunting??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.