Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Air Force Museum/Military Tattoo Event Pics/Video >

Air Force Museum/Military Tattoo Event Pics/Video

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Air Force Museum/Military Tattoo Event Pics/Video

Old 06-29-2008, 08:06 PM

Default Air Force Museum/Military Tattoo Event Pics/Video

Well i finally got my photos from the Museum and their Annual Freedoms Call celebration featuring the Air Force band of Flight, Charlie Daniels Band, and Flyovers from such Aircraft as the B-2, B-52, F-15,F-16, Replica of the Wright B Flyer, P-51 Mustang and the star of the evening F-22 Raptor. After the show they put on an absolutely amazing fireworks display. I got a bunch of video of the planes flying over but photobucket is being a lesbian seagull so only one of them uploaded. When i get the other ones uploaded i'll post the links. Got some awesome video of the B-2, F-22. B-52 and F-15.

Me in front of the F-117 (yes i know it's a dark picture)

Me in front of the A-10

Minigun

B-2 in flight

F-82 Twin Mustang

Valkryie Bomber

YF-22

Air Force One that brought back Kennedy's Casket and the one in which Johnson was sworn in as president.

F-22 with Aim-9 Sidewinder Heat Seeking Missile.

Video of B-52 flying over: http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...umVideo008.flv

I took 162 pictures so there are a ton not posted. If there is a certain Air Force plane you'd like to see just ask me and i probably have it.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Air Force Museum/Military Tattoo Event Pics/Video

Great pictures AH, looks like you had a great time! Get any tats?

(and the lesbian seagull part had me in stiches )
Old 06-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Nice pics AH. Looks like i have someone else to talk about planes with. Hey have you ever been over to the Dayton Air Force Museum? Ive been there a couple times. I sat in an F-14 Tomcat. It was pretty sweet.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sweet pictures! Thats not a B-2 silly, its a UFO So jealous that you got to go!

This is the most exciting thing I've ever seen, they're C-130s that continually travel back and forth to Antarctica and Greenland (used to go to the N. pole but can't land there anymore).

We got to sit in the cockpit of one of the planes and my god do they have a lot of buttons, switches, gauges, etc. that were soooooo tempting [8D]

Next on my list is the elusive C-5. We got to see one there, but they were loading it to head to Afghanistan so we couldn't go near it. They constantly manuver over my house and its incredible to watch them flip those things up on their side and fit between the mountains.

Thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like you had fun AH, good pics
Old 06-30-2008, 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

Sweet pictures! Thats not a B-2 silly, its a UFO So jealous that you got to go!

This is the most exciting thing I've ever seen, they're C-130s that continually travel back and forth to Antarctica and Greenland (used to go to the N. pole but can't land there anymore).

We got to sit in the cockpit of one of the planes and my god do they have a lot of buttons, switches, gauges, etc. that were soooooo tempting [8D]

Next on my list is the elusive C-5. We got to see one there, but they were loading it to head to Afghanistan so we couldn't go near it. They constantly manuver over my house and its incredible to watch them flip those things up on their side and fit between the mountains.

Thanks for sharing the pics!
HG, Wright-Pat is home to the U.S. Air Force Materiel Command, they have many C-5's stationed there but none we could look at. They were suppose to have one fly over along with the V-22 Osprey but they didn't for some reason. If your ever in the area and make a stop their i'd be more than happy to be your tour guide [8D] Took me 6-7 hours to see everything in that museum. Arrived at 9 and left at 12:30 AM, it made for a looong day. I had tons of fun, military planes are my crack and i was like a little girl all excited seeing this plane and that. The planes i think i enjoyed the most other than the B-52, B-2, and F-22 was the Mig-29, ME-262, and the SR-71/YF-12. The YF-12 was the experimental design to turn the early SR-71 into a high speed interceptor to shoot down Russian Bombers. It didn't do so hot so they turned it into one of the best spy planes ever and an aircraft that still holds many records.

Brod Man thats where these pictures were taken, the Air Force Museum in Dayton. I'm trying to talk my mom and brother into going to the Vectren Dayton Air Show because they will have the F-22 Demo team there along with an Apache Demo Team.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

did yoiu get any pics of a whizbang 6500 w/ electronic swoosh control and sneezle pin bushings the revolve around the muffler bearings? cuz that would be tight yo!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, that sounds like fun! My dad was in a B-17 a few days ago when he was in Oshkosh.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:35 PM

It was, they had a B-17, the B-29 that dropped the Atomic Bomb on Nagasaki, B-25 Mitchell Bomber used in the Doolittle raid, B-24 Liberator, Ju-88. I got a picture of replica Fat Man and Little Boy along with a Mark 41 Thermonuclear Bomb. The videos are going to be uploaded to google video sometime tonight.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

Cool. Speaking of WWII Planes, whats you favorite WWII Fighter plane? My friend and i always argue about which ones the best. I say The P-40 Tomohawk, or the F4U-1DCorsair, and he says its the P51D Mustang.

Quick Reply: Air Force Museum/Military Tattoo Event Pics/Video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.