Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 how do you hunt >

how do you hunt

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

how do you hunt

Old 04-22-2008, 09:41 PM

Default RE: how do you hunt

Who you trying to impress? We already know the truth about you, theres no fooling us[8D]
Old 04-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i sit in a tree all day! i got a set up that intersects 2 game trails. sit and wait! i like the not knowing if im going to see anything or if i will see a dozen! where they will come from and if they can smell me. but i only really track after i hit one! if they run out of sight.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Typical Buck

I swing both aways I'd say, I've never used lures, decoysor anything, But just sitting a waiting is good some days other it's nice to search for it.
I also never reolized how little I knew tillI camehere, therefore if anyone ever wants to give me some tid bits feel free.
Can't wait to learn.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AlbertianHuntress

I swing both aways I'd say, I've never used lures, decoysor anything, But just sitting a waiting is good some days other it's nice to search for it.
I also never reolized how little I knew tillI camehere, therefore if anyone ever wants to give me some tid bits feel free.
Can't wait to learn.
best advise i can give, is to read these boards! for whatever it is you are interested in hunting! you will pick up tons of advise and strategies and ask questions when you got them! these are all knowlegable ppl on here!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:55 AM

Yeah, i mean before i joined this board, i never shot a deer, but the first year i'm on here i brought one down. Apparently pointing the gun at them and yelling bang real loud doesn't work, you apparently have to pull the trigger
Old 04-23-2008, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: AmateurHunter44857

I find a comfy tree near an area where they walk through or are naturally funneled and i sit up against the tree till about noon. Go grab a sammich, and back out by 1:30 and sit till legal shooting hours are over.

Yea he probably finds a tree sits down falls asleep till noon then goes back out 1:30 finds a tree and falls back to sleep till dark.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

We hunt food sources, funnels, sit, drive, and I hunt in my tree stand.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

huntress i dont think your the only one that swings both ways. AH does too hahaha
Old 04-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

for deer
down south at my house(niagara falls) i hunt from a stand, bait with corn, apples, quinces, etc. with my crossbow.
up north i use a .44mag rifle no baiting, i have a big rock that i sit on, the rock is probably the sizeof a decent house, and i have a few good shooting lanes and i just hunt that.

turkey
sit on the ground near my house, use a jake and hen decoy, set up a blind, and use my crossbow

-CC
Old 04-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

im disapointed in you. i figured you laced up you hunting boots and grabbed a staeak knife and chased a buck through the bushes only to tackle him by the horns andslit his throat hahaha

whats your 44 mag? ruger?

Quick Reply: how do you hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.