Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

HOMEWORK

Old 04-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HOMEWORK

I usually don't have homework so it's not a problem for me
Old 04-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

I hate school, im only doing a victory lap at my school because i came back to play rugby. i almost never do homework, just enough to get by. im always on here in my second period spare instead of doing homework.

-CC
Old 04-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

im suposed to be figuring jobs and doing billing for our business but i have the attention span of a caveman and play on here........like right now for example, we poured a floor at 5:30 this morning and was done by 9:00 and im suposed to be typing a bill for the customer and im not. im also suposed to be filling out to bid estimates on here, which im not and im also suposed to fill in the quick books which im half done w/, andim also suposed to clean the power trowels and chutes and wash the 1 ton which ill do later ........working for my father is like this
Old 04-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

im suposed to be figuring jobs and doing billing for our business but i have the attention span of a caveman and play on here........like right now for example, we poured a floor at 5:30 this morning and was done by 9:00 and im suposed to be typing a bill for the customer and im not. im also suposed to be filling out to bid estimates on here, which im not and im also suposed to fill in the quick books which im half done w/, andim also suposed to clean the power trowels and chutes and wash the 1 ton which ill do later ........working for my father is like this
it might be like that working for your father BUT you can come on this site all you want and not do EVERYTHING in a timely fasion but at the end of the day you will still have your job!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

hahaha yea right. we have been in some fist fights before now andhe's fired me more times then i can count BUT technically when i graduated i got 20% of the company so really he cant do nothin i still get my salary which sux. any job w/ a salary blows. especially concrete cuz you break you back and only get X amount each week. the dumb grunts that work for us actually take home more then me and i do all the important work.(set grades, square stuff up, finish floors, run excavater blah blah blah)they just lug pannels and crap.our tax mantells me im on salary now cuz it will benifit me more later i dunno. its B/s if you ask me.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

have you tried doing all the work the "grunts" do??? i worked construction for two and a half years moving up! i started as a grunt for a long time! got alot of crap, got no respect, busted my @$$ 100 times more than anyone else, AND always went home sore, hurting, and in pain. i worked 4 hours with 5 inches of a barn nail stuck in my knee to finish the job before going to the hospital. i had a nail go COMPLETELY through my boot through my foot and out the top of my boot, i worked 3 hours with that in my foot till someone noticed the trail of blood coming from me and made me goto the hospital. grunts do more than you think and rarely get paid properly, maybe join them or there jobs for a week straight, dont leave there side till they go home, and be there when they get there! after a week i think you will get a feeling at what they do, and maybe even have respect for the hell they go through!

sorry, this is a touch subject with me! been in there shoes, and will always stand up for them! they deserve some serious respect!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

dont lecture me son. since i was old enough to carry a hammer i was pouring concrete. yes ive done the work they do and still do it more then they do half the time cuz they dont show up. annnnnnd when they start whining saying how heavy the pannels are i lug them cuz we dont need workers comp B/S. in fact i carry two at a time cuz time is money and i dont have time for B/s. thats why i am where i am cuz i did it fo a long time and im sure a lot longer to come
Old 04-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

then it sounds like your grunts are a bunch of unreliable ppl. i mean if they dont always even show up.....well then how can you expect them to bust there @$$! every grunt i worked with busted there @$$ to the max, working with braces, casts, and slings, cause we needed the extra guy and showed up to help out. and usually the injured ones still did more than most of the higher ranked guys did! i moved up the ladder after 6 months of grunt work. but i will always respect a grunt that works to the max, and will always give him a hand when my job was slow. aparently your situation is very different than the one i was in!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol yea they dont show up cuz concrete kicks your ass! do you really think my ol man would hand me the reins if i didnt know what i was doing. these are houses, school, banks you name it we pour foundations for them ( the most important part) it aint my first day at the rodeo andy.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen some ppl. get the reins for businesses when they havent done ANYTHING, and know even less! i worked construction, i know how important the foundation is! helped, and did it a couple times myself! not fun work, but necisary. wasnt trying to make any points just trying to say not all grunts are so worthless!

Quick Reply: HOMEWORK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.