Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 horsepower or miles per gallon >

horsepower or miles per gallon

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

horsepower or miles per gallon

Old 03-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default horsepower or miles per gallon

i know some of you dont drive, and i know that this might be the wrong forum to post this under, BUT i am curious to get some feed back on this topic. and since they took post a poll away from this forum you will actually have to post a reply![&:]

anyway i got in an argument with this girl earlier that more guys want a car/truck with more horsepower than they would want a car/truck that had better gas milage! guys i actually plan on showing her this thread for proof (so AH, keep it clean, lol) and be honest! and if you dont drive post if you got to pick your car you would want does it have good gas mileage or alot of horsepower?

oh ya! and think bout your dream car that you would love to own! i bet half of you dont even know what kinda gas mileage that car/truck gets, but probably know the horsepower it has! and wanting lots of horsepower and good gas milage isnt an option!

me personally, i like the horsepower!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: horsepower or miles per gallon

For me its both. I need a powerful vehicle that is going to be cost effective. I drive a GMC truck and she gets about 21 mpg highway, ~15-17 city. She's a V-6, and I will NEVER own anything under a 6.

I'll also never own anything asian made. Too skimpy, too poor quality and absolutely no power.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

I own a ford f-150 with a 351 talk about eating the gas. But I love have some power and nosie to any vechicle. I would probaly take hp over mpg
Old 03-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd prob go for mpg my car gets 50 miles to the gallon.I dont see the point in hp when I dont own my own business to haul shed loads of stuff anyway. Not here in Scotland, majority of peopledrive brandnew cars.It cost me $6000 and I can do more things without having to fork out for expensive insurance, fuel and tax.

However If I could buy a pickup truck with a small-ish engine i'd love one for deer hunting.

Still, I love the cars here, very fuel efficient.

Heres mine only its silver

Old 03-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Little Doe Peep

We have a Chevy S-10 Blazer. It's a compromise. V6 engine. Gets 20-23 on the highway and 15-17 around town. It's 4WD which is nice when you get back in the woods.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Haha Rem. Girl, we use those as ramps to jump off of. Honestly, I laugh when I see those on the road.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Little Doe Peep

There's no way we could fit our stuff and our dogs into something that small when we go up to our cabin. (Gee, I haven't been married a year yet and I just noticed how easily that "our" word flows. )

Old 03-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks, i knew you guys would help me out! i figured everyone wants a fuel efficiant car and some power for the woods! my 2000 dakota does the trick for most jobs but still does 22-24 on the highway!
Old 03-01-2008, 05:57 PM

Horsepower baby. I want a truck with some B***s. I found an F-350 4x4 4 door Dually i want so bad. Its got a V-10 in it i beleive, talk about hoggin the petrol.<--- for our girl from England
Old 03-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AmateurHunter44857

Horsepower baby. I want a truck with some B***s. I found an F-350 4x4 4 door Dually i want so bad. Its got a V-10 in it i beleive, talk about hoggin the petrol.<--- for our girl from England
It's not always about horsepower buddy. I don't believe thatmost younginscould afford that Dually. I especially don't think youthey afford paying for the gas, either. Maybe if you're parents are rich and generous, they'd get you that. Unfortunatley, some of our parents aren't as nice.... My family has money, but I got kicked into the real world. I pay for everything... gas, insurance, truck payment, clothes, food (yes... I buy my own damn food), school supplies, etc...

This is why I bought a 99 Toyota Tacoma. It's the Pre-Runner package, extended cab, with a4 cylinder. I get about 29 mpg (with some modifications)when I'm rough with it (or atleast try to be... ). I bought this truck because its a sexy truck, even if it is a fuel efficient weakling. Whenever I get to college, I plan to get a jacked up Z71, or maybe even get a Cummins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.