Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Which New Celly Shall I Get? >

Which New Celly Shall I Get?

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Which New Celly Shall I Get?

Old 02-17-2008, 10:44 PM

Default Which New Celly Shall I Get?

So my 2 year contract with Verizon ends here shortly and that means time for a new phone. I'm looking at the enV, Blackberry Pearl, or the Moto Q. The enV is $79.99, the Blackberry Pearl is $99.99, Moto Q is $149.99. The one thing i dislike about the Moto Q is it only has a 1.3 megapixel camera where as the enV and Blackberry Pearl have a 2.0 Megapixel camera. Also they all have music capability which is a must. Nice thing about the Blackberry is for an extra $30 a month i get unlimited email and internet. I didn't think this decision would be this hard. Help me!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which New Celly Shall I Get?

I have had a blackberry and didnt care for it. I got the Q about 3 months ago through verizon and I love it. I have had NO problems what so ever with it.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

just about all the phones these days can get internet access if you are willing to pay for it. so dont let that influence your decision!

honestly this is the step by step process i go through before renewing my contract.

1) take two extra strenght tylonal about half an hour before leaving for the verizon store! (trust me you will be glad you did so later)
2) drive to the dealership, dreading what you already know is coming
3) walk in and tell them you need to renew your plan. they begin to talk VERY tecniqual that no one can understand, and you just sit there and have to listen to there sales pitch. (no matter how many times you interupt them and say "I DONT CARE" they keep on going)
4) use those anger managment class theropy into effect as to keep from hitting the sales man![&:]
5) pick a phone for my FREE upgrade! (key part is FREE, i wont pay an extra penny for a free upgrade to jump an upgrade. probably cause i cant afford it[&:])
6) take my new phone home. put it on a charger for 24 hours.while the phone is charging i look at my wallet and wonder for a free phone how come i have so much less money to my name!!!![&:][:@]
7) give myself a pat on the back for taking the tylonal before i went, and try to take a nap to get rid of the headach!

did that help ya?
Old 02-18-2008, 04:37 AM

WEll im thinking about switching to Verizon. But for now i have a Blackberry. I really dont care for it. I deal with it but I would rather go back to a regualr fone. And Nextel gave me a $25 unlimited email and crap upgrade and it ended up raising my bill $70 with taxes and fees. So i got rid of that crap.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just got the enV and love it. Only have to charge it every 4 days and I'm on that thing constantly. Store music, take pictures (good quality), and you get turn-by-turn navigation. Plus IM, email, etc. I love it. Highly recommend it. My boyfriend has the Q and its good, but the battery life isn't all its cracked up to be and the picture quality is lacking. For the price of it I would have expected more. Also the internet gets consistantly slower every once and a while. A good friend of mine has a blackberry, and he loves it, but I don't know how the new pearl stands up.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 AM

Well i figured the Pearl wasn't going to be as good as the regular blackberrys because they are significantly cheaper. I was looking at the Voyager but i'd have to upgrade my plan to almost $100 a month. I think i'll go with the enV. Does that have a place for a memory card?
Old 02-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yup
Old 02-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

memory card? what are you buing a phone or a playstation![&:] really though what do you need a memory card for?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:09 PM

Music. I use the MP3 player on my Nextel I870 all the time. I have a 1gig memory card in it!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Retaks

Music. I use the MP3 player on my Nextel I870 all the time. I have a 1gig memory card in it!
^ Exactly

Quick Reply: Which New Celly Shall I Get?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.