Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Whats your favorite Battle/Assault Rifle? >

Whats your favorite Battle/Assault Rifle?

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Whats your favorite Battle/Assault Rifle?

Old 02-08-2008, 01:33 PM

Default RE: Whats your favorite Assault Rifle?

My chopice isnt an assault rifle but a sub-machine gun. I like the HK MP-5. They have some at alocal gun shop/range you can rent for $32 +ammo for the day. They are great to shoot. Its like shooting a full auto 22.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Retaks

My chopice isnt an assault rifle but a sub-machine gun. I like the HK MP-5. They have some at alocal gun shop/range you can rent for $32 +ammo for the day. They are great to shoot. Its like shooting a full auto 22.
Yuck i hate that 9mm round in the MP5. Close quarters its a beast, anything other than that you'd be better off throwing rocks, especially if they are wearing body armor. The AK-47 in Nam was much more reliable but the modern M-16 is just as reliable as the AK. I like the M-16 because it has a greater effective range than the AK but i'm partial to that 7.62 mm round, more punch than the .223. The Mosin is a wonderful weapon, my friend has the really long one and i shoot it all the time, lovely weapon.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Shoulder-fired Multipurpose Assault Weapon, aka the SMAW. It's the loudest handheld weapon in the military. My hearing has worsened since I joined the Marine Corps a couple years ago.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hate the AK-47. Check out the way it fires. Sure its got more power... but there's a huge chance that you won't hit what you're aiming at. Almost 78% of our wounded due to gunshot woundsare from STRAY AK bullets, not aimed shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6BpI3xD6h0
Old 02-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive never shot any assault rifles, only in COD and MOH games. The M1 is good because it kills those pesky Germans in 1 shot. I guess an M-16 would be good too.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingirl89

I hate the AK-47. Check out the way it fires. Sure its got more power... but there's a huge chance that you won't hit what you're aiming at. Almost 78% of our wounded due to gunshot woundsare from STRAY AK bullets, not aimed shots.

Well of course the M-16 is more accurate... anyone who has had experience with these guns could tell you that. And, its easy to understand why 78% of wounded soldiers are hit with stray bullets: ragheads just pray and spray anyway... they don't aim (MOST OF THE TIME).I just like the 47 better... I spoke to some vietnam veterans 4-5 months back at a turkey shoot, and they said the M-16 was way more accurate than the 47, but that it was garbage. The first kind of training they had with the M-16 was how to unjam the weapon. They said that they would pick up an AK whenever they had the chance. I guess it kind of depends on the circumstances. In jungle warfare, when everything was close combat, a soldier would rather have an AK. In Iraq, when your shots are going to be farther away, I would MAYBE rather have an M-16... (but there is still the jamming factor). That video was 200 yards away. I'm not sure about this, but in Iraq I think that most of the fighting done is close combat in the city. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but with the AK and M-16, it's a love it or hate it situation.

Did you see the penetration of that 7.62? Sexy.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

The AK-47 isn't that bad of a weapon.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PAhunter86

This is coming from someone in the armed forces! Both weapons have their pros and cons.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

This is coming from someone in the armed forces! Both weapons have their pros and cons.

I still prefer an M16A4 though, just cause it's what I'm used to. My M16 has an ACOG, broomstick grip, PEQ-2, and a flashlight on it. I'm sure they'll find more gadgets to stick on it soon.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

I still prefer an M16A4 though, just cause it's what I'm used to. My M16 has an ACOG, broomstick grip, PEQ-2, and a flashlight on it. I'm sure they'll find more gadgets to stick on it soon.
I understand. I'm just saying that the 47 isn't completely crap.

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite Battle/Assault Rifle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.