Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Contest Rules >

Contest Rules

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Contest Rules

Old 07-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Contest Rules

ORIGINAL: Mdbowhunter16

Ok... From the Pm's I am receiving not to many people like the extra point for a bow, so there will be no extra point.
Ok no extra will be ok. I was just thinking of the bowhunters. And by the 300 yards comment, it was like a figure of speech.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Well being a new bowhunter im thinking of them also but i dont see where they should get more points just from a close shot when ALOT of deer are taken up close by other weapons also. As far as the 300 yard comment i know it was a figure of speach thats why i pointed it out it just doesnt make sense [8D]. I WILL said i have killed one doe at 225 yards im not anyr more or less happy about that kill than any other, also i have a doe kill at 70 yards ( i consider it one of my best kills as far as skill goes, but thats another story ) the rest have been up close and personal kills as i rarley hunt anything but very small green feilds out in the woods or just rondom places in the woods against a tree ( public land ).Also i agree on one hand and disagree on the other hand abut buck size, some states the bucks are bigger period, and also it may be harder for a kid ( some ) to get a buck or a nice one, BUT i think spikes should be worth same as does then anything under a certianscore ( starting with anything that has at least one fork )worth a set number of points and anything over a certian score should be worth a set number of points. maybe its too late to go to changing the rules around but thats how i think it should be i think the current rules about all bucks being worth the same just doesnt make sense, BUT thats me

and here is a question it may have been listed but i cant remember do you have to put in your FIRST kill into this contest or can you go with your second or third kill or w/e, because i usually take a doe first..
Old 07-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Banned

So when does this start.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Reflex, The contest starts on sept 1st.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Banned

What if you shoot a deer before September 1st. With like Ag tags, do those count.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

Yea it counts just wait for the post to enter you deer to be put up and you can enter it.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Banned

ok. Thats cool.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

how can people sign up....and whats the rules.

Also on the Extra Point..I think it should be 5 points..the reason why is becasu there is so many things that can go wrong....for Example if you hit a small limb the arrow will be deflected when a bullet doesn't get as much damage.Also....a deer can jump and start to run whenever they hear your bow..when you shoot a gun it gums out 1150fps or more when a bow don't go more than 350fps..thats a big difference!!
Old 07-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Fork Horn

Everyone can sign up on the post at the very top. It says official young hunters deer contest sign up and the rules are there also.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

im done tooting the extra points horn, but i was wonderring how many people you were thinking of putting on teams? and becouse of the way you set up the points system, we can enter more than 1 animal?

Quick Reply: Contest Rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.