Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Want do u want for Christmas? >

Want do u want for Christmas?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Want do u want for Christmas?

Old 12-17-2006, 01:35 PM

Default RE: Want do u want for Christmas?

an 80lb is gonna shoot just as fast as 70 with the correctly spined arrows
sorry i just dont see how that makes sence? can you explain that one to me

a 50lb bow is going to kill the same amount of deer as a 60lb and a 60lb will kill just as many as the 70lb pull. so is a deer more dead with the 70lb bow then the 50?? lol if the guy wants a 80lb bow and he can pull it fine whats wrong with that? give the guy a break you dont need a 300 mag to kill a deer either yet tons of people use them
Old 12-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

We are not critizing you at all. Chances are with a bow that fast you will be getting more sound when you touch it off. Lets just say Chuck Adams bow is 50 pound draw weight and he holds more world records then i can dream of. I think quietness is more important then speed. An 80 pound bow will shoot through both shoulders but an 50 pound bow will shoot through heart and both lungs idk boutyou but idrather shoot through heart and lungs.80 pounds just seems unesscary. jmo
Old 12-17-2006, 07:03 PM

I think quietness is more important then speed
i couldnt agree more here it dosnt matter if your pulling 40 or 80lbs if the deer hears it chances are its gona jump the string and end up in a miss or worse a wounded deer. but i dont think a 80 lbs bow is going to be much louder then the same bow at 70lbsi dont see it making any difference in the woods. however you have to realise just because you can pull 80 on a warm day in your t shirt dosnt mean you can pull it in the cold with a few layors on while sitting down when that big buck apears justa few yards away. i know i wouldnt be able to get it back but if you can more power to you, and if your bow can blow thru both shoulders no prob. great that means if you make a mistake and pull ur shot into the shoulders its no prob. you have a dead deer on ur hands.

80 pounds just seems unesscary. jmo
i agree but then again look around todays world...guys driving f250's that will never pull anything more then a load of groceries or hunters carring 300 mags and suchwhen the biggestanimal in the woods is a150 pounddeer...
Old 12-18-2006, 05:12 PM

80 pounds sounds cooler, id rather shoot a deer through both shoulders anyway because they run like 15 yards
Old 12-18-2006, 07:20 PM

i want a mathews switchback with an hha sight, a QAD rest, easton epic arrows, yea yea
Old 12-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh boy
an 80lb is gonna shoot just as fast as 70 with the correctly spined arrows
"Gather Round the Campfire Kids"

okay seems like some of you are getting a little mislead here. arrow spine is not really going to effectspeed ofyour bow. longer the draw length and the more pounds you pull along with a shorter brace height is going to give you the speed. not arrow spine.

how old are you killerkid? i am just about going to bet you will not be able to pull let alone hold 80lbs. even if you can, why? if you would rather have it for more penetration in the instence ofa poor hit i hate to knock you but you need to practice more. as someone stated, once you get out there in the cold your bow becomes much harder to draw. i am 18 years old and i only pull 63lbs....

I think quietness is more important then speed.
have you shot a deer with any of the modern bows? out to thirty yards your bow will be plenty fast enough to kill a deer without them jumping the string, no matter how loud it is. to say you need a quiet bow to kill a deer is just plain wrong. if your bow is shooting anywhere in the 225fps+ a simple stabilizer with string leeches and limbsavers will be plenty quiet. i can see the need for a quiter bow if your bow is older and shooting extremely both loud and slow, on newer bows, forget it.

80 pounds sounds cooler, id rather shoot a deer through both shoulders anyway because they run like 15 yards
do you not like to eat your deer after you kill them? why in the world would you want to ruin both front shoulders??

after saying all that i just want you to know i am not trying to offend anyone, i just hope you realize the point i am trying to make. when i was younger i used to think oh gotta pull as many pounds as possible. last year i hunted with a 70lb bow. this year, i finally grew wiser and dropped down a little. sure i can pull 70lbs but am i as accurate as when i pull 63? No. shot placement is the key, not the speed of your bow.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

I agree Shootem up870and i do shoot a modern bow by the way.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:32 PM

anschutz 1416D, i know i have a .22 but ive experienced the higher class .22 and loved it, and im pretty sure anschutz lays the competition to rest
Old 12-21-2006, 02:33 PM

i also forgot, the new canal st drop point hunting knife
Old 12-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I think thats great to use an 80 lb bow if you can pull it straight back and can hit wat your aiming at. I only use 55 lbs but that is because my bow's maxed out. i would like to get a 70 lbbow so it would make that 35 yard shot a lot easier for me. I know for a fact though that i can pull 70 lbs right and left handed i think thats a good measurement for how much you can pull too. if you can pull your bow with your weak hand then you will defiantly be able to shoot well. if you cant shoot it very well then if you shoot all summer it should be a breeze by next october. one thing i do have to say is i disagree with the statement its harder to pull your bow in the cold maybe if your just shooting for practice, but when theres a 10 point buck stand 20 yards in front of your treestand and your hearts pounding and your bloods pumping i've found it easier to pull my bow. but above all shot placement is by far the most important thing.

Quick Reply: Want do u want for Christmas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.