Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 What Should I Do? >

What Should I Do?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

What Should I Do?

Old 07-26-2006, 04:19 PM

Default RE: What Should I Do?

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: zak123

ORIGINAL: Hacimsaalk

campfire idea sounds like fun. and i dont know if ur the drinking type or not, but bonfires are great things to drink around
If you are 21.
Ok, mom.

If you do drink, just do it responsibly. I realize that you're underage, as am I, and if you're anything like me you've drank before. Just make sure you keep it safe, whatever you decide to do.

If I were you, I would go with a bonfire/camp out type deal. The fishing may be enjoyable to you whether you catch anything or not, but other people might not enjoy it as much.
Why don't you think about what I actually meant, instead of jumping to conclusions? It would make much more sense.

I meant only if you are 21 because you could get in trouble with the law. If you have a bonfire, anywhere that I have ever had one, the police are more than likely to come out to check and see if everything is safe. If there are a bunch of underage drinkers, then there will be trouble.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: Hacimsaalk

campfire idea sounds like fun. and i dont know if ur the drinking type or not, but bonfires are great things to drink around
If you are 21.
Ok, mom.

If you do drink, just do it responsibly. I realize that you're underage, as am I, and if you're anything like me you've drank before. Just make sure you keep it safe, whatever you decide to do.

If I were you, I would go with a bonfire/camp out type deal. The fishing may be enjoyable to you whether you catch anything or not, but other people might not enjoy it as much.
Why don't you think about what I actually meant, instead of jumping to conclusions? It would make much more sense.

I meant only if you are 21 because you could get in trouble with the law. If you have a bonfire, anywhere that I have ever had one, the police are more than likely to come out to check and see if everything is safe. If there are a bunch of underage drinkers, then there will be trouble.
What conclusions did I jump to, exactly?

It is illegal to drink in the United States unless you are 21.

There were no other conclusions to make besides that one. It is not illegal to have a bonfire if you are under 21.

Granted, depending on where he has his bonfire, it could attract the attention of the authorities. I've had bonfire parties before, we've never been busted. It all depends on the location and how secluded it is.

Get your panties unbunched, Zak. It was a joke.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:51 PM

In BC you can drink when you are 19. In Alberta the legal drining age is 18 america needs to loosen its drinking age... 21 is too old IMHO.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: moosehunter21

In BC you can drink when you are 19. In Alberta the legal drining age is 18 america needs to loosen its drinking age... 21 is too old IMHO.
I was told by a neurosergeon that if one chooses to drink, it should not before the age of 26. By then, the brain is fully developed, therefore, damage during growth will not occur. Drinking at 21, although legal, may not be the best choice if one does not want to effect their still developing brains. Drinking at 18 or 19, although legal, can do the brain more harm than good.

Oh well, it is Canada. What would you use your brains for anyways?

Old 08-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Seems things have gotten interesting since i've been without a
computer. I can't tell anyone what they can or can't do. Smart thing
wouldn't do anything illegal such as underage drinking but i wasn't a
saint under 21 either. All i can say is just be careful and at least
make sure no one gets hurt during and after bonfire (drinking/driving)
Old 08-17-2006, 07:28 PM

imho, mixing a bunch of 16 y/o drunk kids,and a bon fire,and anything except concrete within 200 feet sounds like a bad idea(i grew up around fires4 feet across,maybe 4-5 feet high,so bonfire would have to be abou 8feet tall to be a small bon fire to me.)if you do a bon fire build a pit about 1.5 times bigger than the size of the intended fire.use rockes and build a couple of layers all around to make the pit.dig a little if youve got the back to waste on the job.then build a good size fire and pet good holder logs on it.then(get these before hand)find any solid wood scraps(large)and find a place that has alot of old pallets
this will have to be a very close watched fire,as the dry wood will throw hella sparks.if you want a hot fire for a cold night,throw on some large pieces of wet wood(only after the fires going real good and you put on holder logs).if you want a big fire but a not so hot fire,than use dry wood but like i said before,it throws sparks so be careful.but cheify the ultimate bonfire material would be pallets.

p.s:avoid ply wood or any kind of plastered wood,because thats gonna create a chemical spoke wich,aside from smoking every body out from the party,can be toxic if inhaled.

ppslease,no cutting down trees just for the fire.if theres a fallen tree,or a dead tree that would be removed any way.and ive heard that putting a large stump,dirt roots and all,does something.not sure what,but i know its positive lol.