Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

New Truck!

Old 03-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Truck!

for the most part i've heard good things about them, thanks for the info.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:15 PM

wow, sounds like u guys are really into ur trucks. god i cant wait till i can drive. when i can though, i want either a ford ranger or toyota tacoma ( leaning more towards the toyota). then i want to put a lift kit in it, and put some nice mudders on it ( at least for the winter monthes). and to top it off, i want to slap a wich on the front, just for those sticky situations.

another thing i thought id just point out- some of u guys spend tons of money on a truck, building it up, ect., where do u get the money to pay for the gas these days ?( idk about u guys, but right now here in NW pa, its right around $2.30)
Old 03-03-2006, 09:19 PM

Take this advice from a Ford Ranger owner...get the toyota if you can afford it. they are the best trucks out there IMO. Dont get me wrong, my Ranger hasnt let me down yet, but for sheer reliability and availability of aftermarket parts, Toyotas cant be beat.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

ORIGINAL: bpjeep

what surprised me the most, is that my set up or what not , whoops the crap out of my friends 4rnr which has 33 Dunlop mud rovers, and 4.5" lift. maybe its the driver, or maybe the tcase, but I dunno, guess its just one of those jeep things.
hey bp how does your friend like those mud rovers. i was thinking of putting a set of them on my f-150
from what i've seen him do, they get the job done as far as slinging mud and stuff. though im not really sure whether its the driver or if the tires just dont feel like gripping the rocks, but for the most part it seems as though on a dry day My MTRs get more traction than his mud rovers. the other drawback to them, is that i believe they are a 1 ply sidewall where as the MTR's are 3. But, i've seen him put em over some doozy of rocks, so they are a good all round tire and if ya are jus wantin to get somethin under ur truck, they're good. also, cheaper than the mtr i think, and a nother pretty good MT tire, is the Interco Trxus MTs. sorry it took me a while to respond.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i took my truck in to get some work done monday[new cab corners, sandblast and paint rocker panels, and some other painting] im hopin i will have this job paid off by the end of may. [cost me 1500] then all summer my money is goin to lift it up. hopefully ill get some new pics of it up tomorrow on my car domain.

i get all my money from work. i work part time for an excavating company after school tues-thurs and some mondays, and i also work 8 hours on saturdays. the job pays for gas and pays for anything i want to do to my truck. gas is 2.45 in peoria, illinois today....... kinda hurt me a little but i gotta have it.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:18 PM

any one here drive a tacoma? whats the gas like on em'?
Old 03-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a friend who drives a Tacoma and she said it sucks up gas pretty fast. She wasn't sure what the mileage of it was but I'll find out. As for the Toyota vehicles, well definetly good trucks i agree. The only thing bad is the axles are the usually the first major problem thatwilloccour so you might want to keep eye on thoseas time goes on.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:22 AM

I love my Tacoma. It's brand new, so no problems yet...

The older Tacoma's, toyota trucks get good gas mileage, 18-22mpg. My brother drives a 2002 Extended Cab Tacoma 4x4, with 32" tires and he still gets 20mpg on the highway, not uncommon for those trucks.

My 2005, has a bigger engine, 33" tires, and I drive it pretty hard, and still get 15-16mpg.

Here is a cool video of how great a Toyota truck can hold up to some abuse. Awesome video, here is a link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/downloads/hilux_broadband.ram
Old 03-05-2006, 12:33 PM

Default .