Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Got my first deer >

Got my first deer

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Got my first deer

Old 12-04-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Got my first deer

Got my first deer tonight. She's just a small doe, but to me shes a prize. I'm very proud of her. Anyways, I went out with a friend on some of his land.He had mesitting in a hedge row so I could see a green wheat field and then on the other side of the hedge row I could see an alfalfa field which are both right alongside a river bed. It was about 45 minutes until sundown so it was getting kind of late. I had expected to see deer in the alfalfa field on the other side of the hedge, but I never did. I was looking in the alfalfa field for deer, then turned to look at the green wheat field. All the sudden the deer caught my eye and whoa, my heart startedthumping fast. I was shooting a 30-30 with open sights. I got situated to take a shot, brought my gun up, and fired. It seemed like the echo of the shot carried on forever, but the doe didn't even move. She kind of casually looked up to see what was going on, then turned and started walking right toward me. I got resituated to take a better shot and waited for her to go broadside again. I brought the gun up again and BOOOOM! She dropped like a sack of potatoes. I hit her right in the nose! I guess it doesn't matter much since she's dead now. What a fun and exciting hunt!

Old 12-04-2005, 09:01 PM

Default RE: Got my first deer

This is where I shot it!

Old 12-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

wtf?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:09 PM

precision shootin is awsome stuff. headshots i guess get er done pretty quick but i think are kinda messy. nehoot 1st deers are fun, got my frist antlered(a spike) in SD. the past 2 does that i've shot before that trip I have hit them in the joint right above the foot. kinda funky but hey, more lead and they die. good deal. what part of Kansas are ya in? im huntin SE corner of it.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

either your a bad shot or that gun needs to be sited in because you might not want to shoot all your deer in the head incase you want to mount one you shoud. practise helps.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:39 PM

Lay off a lil guys...don't tell me you never missed a deer? The difference between a miss anda lucky kill can be a few inches.....and I'm sure this guy will take more care next time to make sure he keeps it in the vitals....Maybe the gun is fine and he si a good shot...the nerves could have gotten to him....that just takes experience andpractice...and a good scope never hurt anyone! lol
Old 12-08-2005, 10:25 AM

thanks mossy.... you should have seen how much I was shaking when I saw her... it was amazing...
bpjeep, i'm from Lindsborg, KS. Just 20 miles south of Salina.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

haha... Congrats on the deer!
Old 12-15-2005, 05:10 AM
Spike

ya the first few times its hard to control those nerves I guess, all i can
say is do better next time if you have never tracked a deer that was shot
in the the leg or something you will now what i mean (it sucks, and you guilt kills)
Old 12-15-2005, 05:11 AM
Spike

oh! ya congrats!

Quick Reply: Got my first deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.