Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Worst hunting days!!! (post em) >

Worst hunting days!!! (post em)

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Worst hunting days!!! (post em)

Old 12-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Worst hunting days!!! (post em)

My worst hunting day was yesturday actually. It was snowing kinda hard and i was bowhunting and 5 doe were eating acorns about 50 yards away when an absolute monster steps out. He will go 175-180 easy. Mainframe 10 point, both his g2's were forked at the ends and to top it all off he had to huge droptines rightnext to each other on his right side! Once in a lifetime buck. But anyway hes coming right to me! i draw back my bow for the 30 yard shot, i stop him and shoot.....................i hit a tree not even a inch around as the arrow was heading right for the kill zone.lets just say i wasnt very happy.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:07 PM

opening day this year, it wasn't cold enough for snow but windy enough for me to be cold. my older cousin pissed around and didn't get a lience or shells.
no one got any deer that day and i was harassed by squirels.
my one stud came out of the stock on my 270 while my cousin was using it, he also accidently drove the muzzel into the dirt, what a dumbass.
anyway other than than the two times i got lost or was sick that was the worst day. [&o][X(]
Old 12-14-2005, 05:23 PM

well, every day during deer season was the worst day of my hunting career. every day,i saw deer, but they were all running, not a single standing one. and if i wasnt shooting at deer, i was freezing my A*S off. i shot 11 shots and killed 0 deer.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:23 PM

first day archery elk, I walked about a mile spook up cows that were 3 yeards infront of me I missed a standing cow at about 3 yards I guess I was just shaking so bad lol. About another mile or 2 I walked up on a decent 5by5 and shot right over his back perfectly aligned with kill zone and that was my worst day hunting but still was fun I love the outdoors!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: hoghunter22-250

first day archery elk, I walked about a mile spook up cows that were 3 yeards infront of me I missed a standing cow at about 3 yards I guess I was just shaking so bad lol. About another mile or 2 I walked up on a decent 5by5 and shot right over his back perfectly aligned with kill zone and that was my worst day hunting but still was fun I love the outdoors!!!
id be glad to even get a chance to hunt elk legally. here in PA, you might as well just donate the money to the PGC, with what the chances of getting one are.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was my fourth year of bowhunting. I had killed my first deer a year earlier in the same spot I was in on this particular hunt. At about45 minutes before dark a HUGE 12 pointer stepped out. My arrow sailed over his back at 20 yards. I was sick to my stomach. My dad was watching the it unfold 100 yards away through binocs and said he was most likely a Booner. I don't want to guess his score, because I'm not to sure what he would of went.Come the next week we are heading home afteran afternoon of hunting and saw the same deer in the middle of the road. And then the next year one of my dads friends who has hunted all over the country came over for a visit and saw him out ina field. He said it was one of the largest whitetails he has ever seen pushing about 180. Later that year my friend missed a shot at about 40yards at him and I saw him walking on a ridge about 75 yards away. This was3 years ago and no one has seen him since.

Fast forward to my second worse day and it found me sitting in the same stand. A large 8 pointer that I had been hunting walked out in front of me at what I thought was 30 yards. WhenI shot, my arrow went right under his belly. When I paced the distance off it was at 37 so tough luck I guess.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Hey the way I look at in you learn for all off your mistakes. And trust me I have had some
Old 12-31-2005, 10:33 PM

Was out hunting english sparrows and starlings in SE, PA an out comes a nice looking 11 point with drop tines on the left. Too bad it wasn't deer season.