HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Young Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters-13/)
-   -   College (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/young-hunters/120008-college.html)

mainehunter85 11-06-2005 09:07 PM

College

Hey Guys,
New here, just wondering if any of you are in college now. I am from Maine, go to school in connecticut, and can only hunt one week when I am home for thanksgiving. Any of you in a similar position, how do you deal with sitting in your dorm room trying to do work when all you can do is think about the woods?

AJA

hunter9022 11-06-2005 09:09 PM

RE: College

Man, im in college. but, i live in norman and go to OU, so i get to hunt whenever. How you like it there?

Soilarch 11-06-2005 09:12 PM

I'm at Murray State...only got two hunt two weekends so far...won't be home till thanksgiving[:@]

I spend way too much time looking at forums like this and looking up bow and gun manfucaturer's sites. I'm probably going to buy a hunting PC game soon. I can't even find a place to shoot my bow!!!:(

huntingirl89 11-06-2005 09:13 PM

i'm in college and its not so bad... i live in a college town that is surrounded with a lot of woods so even though i can't hunt it, i get off my butt and spend my free time (what little i have) scouting and practicing my tracking skills which keeps me sharp until i go home

highcountrysp 11-06-2005 09:24 PM

Im in my second year of college. I live about 2 hours from where i used to live so it isnt so bad. But i made some friends up at college that love to hunt and they asked me to go with them. Went and got the farmers permission and hunt everyday almost now.

deer_slayer22 11-07-2005 09:45 AM

hey yeah i am in college but i live in an apartment so i don't have to just sit there and i live about 45 mins away from my house so i can hunt pretty much when ever i want considering what i am doing....

mainehunter85 11-07-2005 10:01 AM

I'd give anything to be in the woods,I also spend a ton of time on forums and other hunting sites or looking at aerial photos of new areas. When you guys at school hunt, are you able to have your guns/bows in dorm rooms, or do you keep em at a local gun club? How does that work?

AJA

Two weeks till thanksgiving break!

deer_slayer22 11-07-2005 11:53 AM

like i have said i live in an apartment...they don't care that i have a bow in my truck bed or in the back of the bronco as long as its not in plain view of the public and i have my hunting license with me but other than that i dunno i think my friend at U.T. Martin said he can keep his in his dorm with him as long as it ain't loaded and they are hidden!?

fatsbucknut 11-07-2005 03:37 PM

I go to Bloomsburg and i get to hunt bout 3 or 4 times a week. My first couple years in the dorms sucked cause i had to keep my bow at the police station and sign it out everytime i wanted to go. But now that i'm living in an apartment, i can have anything i want up here and go whenever i please.

Zach

IL Hunter 11-07-2005 09:33 PM

I'm at college hunting mainly weekends which is really hard going after waterfowl and deer. Time is scarce, but weekends are better than never. I keep my guns at my townhouse. If you live on campus the campus police let you check firearms in with them and they will hold them for you which is pretty convienient.