Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

bow???

Old 10-11-2005, 05:39 PM

Default bow???

im going to start bow hunting but i dont no what kind of bow to get? if help me that whuld be great
Old 10-11-2005, 06:28 PM

Default RE: bow???

Go to you local pro shop and have them help you get outfitted with a bow.

They will be of more help than we will.

Let the shop owner(s) know your price range (How much you're allowed to spend). When looking at bows don't look at brands. Shoot as many different models from as many different manufacturers in your price range.

Choose the bow that shoots the best for you and fits you most comfortably.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I must agree with WH, the last part especially. Just go in, shoot what you feel most comfortable for you. Be sure to ask few questions too because that'll help out alot
Old 10-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am in the same boat you are in. I am looking to buy a bow. I hear good things about reflex bows. Those are the bows i am looking at.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:58 AM

Get all of your specs by going to a proshop, and then you can look for used bows if you dont have a lot of money to spend. Or if you like something at the proshop and you got the money buy her up. Washington has some good advice there in his post. Maybe the proshop bow tech will be able to work with you to get the bow you want in your price range.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:57 PM

get a pse if not mathews there rilly good bows
Old 11-12-2005, 11:02 AM

All the major companies make excellent bows. Don't worry about a name, get one that fits you (a subject which entire books could/have been written on). As a general rule the "faster" bows are also harder to shoot accurately...not that they can't be, they just don't "forgive" error in form as much.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:07 PM

I agree with WH.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:44 PM

yep, go to your local sport shop or wherever and test, test, test, get abow that feels good. youll have it for a while, make sure you like it
Old 11-12-2005, 10:01 PM

I agree with all the guys who posted but in order for you guys to save money i would buy a used bow for right now. Especially since your just starting out. There is no reason to go and drop 900 dollars on an outfit then turns out you dont like it. I know a lot of archery shops carry used bows and have a look at them before you do anything else.