Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Hunter's Safety >

Hunter's Safety

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Hunter's Safety

Old 07-22-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Hunter's Safety

How was your guy's hunters saftey. What did you do, how long did it last. Fill me in. What was the funnest thign and anything else you would like to say
Old 07-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunter's Safety

Its been awhile since I took mine but it usually last 2 to 3 days. It was just the basic safety during hunting. Ethical shots, first aid, weapon parts, shooting etc etc.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:32 PM

Ya Red Hawk is right. It takes two days here and you just wach safety movies and listin to your instructor and do a test it is pretty easy
Old 07-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

Well mine was 2 days also. The first day the intructor just talk about a whole bunch of stuff like first-aid, safety rules and a whole lot more. (6 hours worth of talk lol). The 2nd day he talked some more but it got better. We went out and shot some rifles dont really know what it was but the ammo was sure SMALL. Not even a .22. Then we went and shot at flying clays with the shotgun. And when the day almost ends u take a 100 question test and if u pass ur good to go.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:15 PM

mine lasted 4 days. we talked and then had to go under a fence w/ a gun and take a test.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:09 PM

mine lasted 2 days.....from 9am to 3pm both days. we got to shoot, it was free, they handed out a packed booklet but u really didn't have to read it, the test is really really easy it is basically all common sense!! hope i helped ya!
Old 07-29-2005, 07:49 AM

ours was 3 days over weapon position shot placement. and other stuff i dont remeber. the funnest thing was i was dead accruate with the .22 and then missed everything with the shotgun.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:57 AM

Well I passed the written test and on Sat. we are doing our field day but i already have that passed. TOO EASY
Old 08-01-2005, 08:56 AM

Well i got a 98 on my test. what we did. it was a three day chorse. First day they teach you somethings about hunting and ethics. 2nd day do review for the test. 3rd day we went out did a blood trailing activity. a turkey hunting activity. a tree stand safety and climbing activity and we watch a movie about a boy and his friend who took there fathers shotgun went out hunting and the boy shot his friend. then we took the test.found out our scores and then we could go get our license.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

mine was 2 days that were 6 hours each and on the second day we had to take our test after having to do some fence crossings and proper handling of firearms

Quick Reply: Hunter's Safety

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.