Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
 If you believe there should be an open season on feral cats! >

If you believe there should be an open season on feral cats!

Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

If you believe there should be an open season on feral cats!

Old 03-09-2005, 08:53 PM

Default If you believe there should be an open season on feral cats!

Go to MSN and then Click on the Vote URL (in red) and cast your Vote:

Story

Poll
Old 03-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you believe there should be an open season on feral cats!

I'm ok with that - but I think we should institute a Minimum Tail Length restriction. At least this way, when I'm considering the wildlife management plan for my property - I can rest assured that no cats are taken before their prime.

Thanks for you obviously VERY important post.

FH
Old 03-10-2005, 06:14 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: farm hunter

I'm ok with that - but I think we should institute a Minimum Tail Length restriction. At least this way, when I'm considering the wildlife management plan for my property - I can rest assured that no cats are taken before their prime.

FH
What if it's a manx ?

Shooting stray animals is already legal here if they are causing property damage or menacing wildlife . We have major feral dog and cat problems out here . Bunny huggers will never understand what it feels like to be treed by feral dogs until it happens to them . [:'(]
Old 03-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: farm hunter

FH
I hope your serious. Feral cats are a huge threat to wildlife and this is a VERY important post. Most people don't even realize how much feral cats negatively impact wildilfe. Do some research and I'm sure you'll see how important this subject is.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:43 AM

Hey there was an open season here in VA last year. Throughout the year I saw about a dozen of the little buggers that were dropped off at the trash dumpster below my house. Funny thing though I only saw them once!
Old 03-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

There should be an open season on feral cats & dogs.

I like'em both, but the damage the feral ones cause is reason enough for eradication measures. Popularly, a lot of folks want to see the animals go to a shelter for adoption. Visit your local animal shelter and you'll see that the birth rate of stray & feral animals far exceeds the rate of adoption.

Shoot'em and bury them in the woods. In a few weeks they'll be so much fertilizer.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:21 PM

There is an open season on my land
Old 03-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

If any one of those so called "animal lovers" went down to their local animal shelters they would realize how over-crowded they are and just how many animals have to be euthanized due to lack of space and lack of adoptions.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:34 PM

If they are problem cats and you have a .22lr. Shoot Shovel Shut-up. The three S's to live by. I live just outside of town whare discharging a firearm is illigal.

I consider squirrles a problem in the bird feeders. I like a pellet gun during the day. And my cat during the night.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

My point was - its not a topic for the "Wildlife Management" forum.

Maybe you can make it into one - but seriously, its not high on my priority list. Maybe because its not a problem in my area.

FH

Quick Reply: If you believe there should be an open season on feral cats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.