Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Finally decided!!

Old 02-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Finally decided!!

Kyler the man is talking about 500 lbs of lime , you will not find anyone to come out and dump 1 scoop from a front end loader on 1/4 acre. Put it in the back of your p/u then pay $10. to get the truck washed and vacuumed . Buy 13 bags of lime for $18.20 and get it over with.... We are not talking about 100 acre field here, this poor guy is going to be walking around in circles trying to figure what to do.....l......
Old 02-22-2005, 09:03 AM

Thanks for all the help. aswerguy kind of opened my eyes, as well as RonM. My pH is already at a little below six so whatever I do certainely cannot hurt.

I'm going tomorrow morning to clear all of the timber that I have cut from my plot. I'm going to quit screwing around and spread the pHfertilizer tomorrow. Come back this weekend with 4-500 lbs. of lime that I am going to buy in BAGS from Home Depot for under 20 bucks spread it and till it.

My philosphy is that the lime in the pHfetilizer will help out this year as well as the fertilizer that is in it. If the lime does not help I should get decent results with my exsisting pH. By adding the lime from Home Depot I am assuring my pH will be perfect this coming fall and next spring, where I can reseed if necessary!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

AMEN brother git-r-done,, enjoy your time in the woods....