Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

grape vines and thorn bushes??

Old 01-09-2005, 05:51 PM

Default grape vines and thorn bushes??

does anyone know how to keep grape vines from growing after you cut them like a spray or some thing. another thing does any one know the best way to wipe out a bunch of multiforrose bushes without hurting the trees all around???
Old 01-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: grape vines and thorn bushes??

Grapes can be checked fairly well by cutting them near the ground for 2-3 years. If an apple tree is totally infested with Grapes - I cut them back - but if the grapes are not hurting anything - I leave them because Grouse really like the grapes - an I like the cover they provide.

For Multiflora Rose - Roundup - when its growing strong - and use a concentrated mist - specifically applied. You might need to apply several times - they can be a bugger!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:36 PM

Default RE: grape vines and thorn bushes??

I used an application of Crossbow for the multiflora roses on my farm, and it really did the trick on them. You will not be dissapointed with the results if used correctly.