Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Food plot question

Old 11-22-2021, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Food plot question

The last two year. I put in Turnips in my food plots..What would you guys or gals would put in. and for how many years. And when can I put Turnips in again
Old 11-22-2021, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

you can plant turnips s ever yr if that's what you want, you just have to add the right soil nutrients for it to grow well, a simple soil test will tell you what is needed?

there is not need to leave a field dormant or rotate to a different crop, unless your trying to regain correct soil conditions by using another crop to help solve things , as some crops add different things back into the soil, if you follow here!

SO< if you wanted to plant turnips every yr, you can, as long a s the soil is right to support it!