Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

ATV disc

Old 10-29-2019, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

some times the draw back to getting someone in to till your plot site, is, they then NOW, know you have a plot there and if you don;'t live close to your hunting lands, it can cause more folks to trespass
been down this road before

but many times, just asking local farmers to come in and do the work can be had pretty cheap, all the more so if its being done on no till equipment, where they drive in, and just seed and go
same I will say for any bulk liming needs, NOTHING beats having a bulk truck show up, and dump a few tons and go, , cheaper to buy, NO work cutting bags open or spreading by atv
just the time it saves is huge and not to mention how much cheaper it is to buy that way!

most local farmers know the folks that deliver and spread, , so there good to know to get contact info,. can save you a lot of cash in a big plot on poor soils like here in PA!
Old 11-04-2019, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

I have been planting 3-5 acres of food plots for over 15 years now. I first started with my 32 hp kubota and tilled up the area. After several years stopped using the tiller and bought a disc because it was easier to install on the tracto . Personally, it was a pain in the balls to disconnect my brush hog and hook up the tiller and the disc.

I sold the tiller and disc and bought a Tarter ATV disc that i use with my polaris 500 side by side. In my case I don't even have to add any weight to the disc and does a great job for small plots. Now I just leave my brush hog attache to my tractor

Last edited by 270sniper; 11-04-2019 at 08:48 AM.