Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
Herbicide for Pigweed (Amaranthus palmeri)?? >

Herbicide for Pigweed (Amaranthus palmeri)??

Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Herbicide for Pigweed (Amaranthus palmeri)??

Old 12-25-2017, 06:30 AM
Spike

Default Herbicide for Pigweed (Amaranthus palmeri)??

What herbicide are you using to control roundup resistance pigweed in your soybeans?
Old 12-25-2017, 04:47 PM
Spike

I’ve just begun a battle w pigweed and thank God I’m not experiencing roundup resistance but I’ve read 2 4d kills it if it’s small. I’ve also read a mix of roundup and 2 4d works and I know from experience mixing herbicides with spray grade ammonium sulfate jacks up the potency of the herbicides. When I’m really pissed off I mix it in and I get super burn down. If you find something on this please share because this is one nasty weed that spreads like nothing I’ve ever seen. I had to kill almost 100% of 2 deer food fields this fall just to stop the pigweed and it killed me to do it but the alternative was unthinkable.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Spike

A mixture of 2-4D and roundup will certainly kill it, but you can only do that for an initial burndown. You will smoke your beans pretty quick if you spray them with 2-4D after they emerge!

If you buy roundup ready soybeans, you can spray it with roundup after emergence. Hopefully your pigweed isn't RR resistant already. If you have roundup resistant pigweed, you can plant Liberty Link soybeans.