Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Hemp & deer

Old 12-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Spike

Default Hemp & deer

Hi hunters. I was curious to find out the nutritional value for deer with hemp. Wow this **** is incredible if the deer don't devour it before it grows. For anyone interested look at some articles on hemp and deer. It so high in protein and vitamins & minerals is there any hunters that remember it from the 1950's the last crop in wisconsin. What percentage of farmers will put in rotation with their corn & soybeans in your guys or gals opinions. Take Care!
Old 12-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would make for quite the rutting period---high, hormone-crazed deer running through the woods!
Old 12-13-2017, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the stuff growing wild in some of the ditches in the mid west in the mid 70's. I find it unlikely it has all been eradicated.

I'd stumble on a plot occasionally (not the wild variety) in So. Cal. If it wasn't guarded or fenced, the Rabbits and Deer made short work of it.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Spike

They sell the seed in Walmart and every where else as a supper food. Must be good for you. Guess it's not the kind that get you high. Thought about planting some to see what it would look like. Wouldn't smoke it either way as I'm subject to drug test with my job. I don't eat the seeds for the same reason. Don't know about hemp. But I do know the poppy seeds on your hamburger bun can cause you to funk a drug test.