Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Equipment

Old 09-17-2017, 02:53 PM
Spike

Default Equipment

Hello,

I'm hoping to purchase a 3-point hitch rototiller for next season. Does anyone have background on when the best time of year to purchase one would be? I'm assuming this fall/winter as stores want to eliminate inventory.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

been farming about 30 yrs on a part time deal and many friends that farm for a living
I do NOT know of any BEST time of yr to buy
the time to buy is when you find what you want at a price your willing to pay.
things you can TRY to do, is maybe try larger farm stores and seen when they have equipment auctions and get listings of whats going to be there, you might get the best deal this way pending on how many want "X" item
just KNOW prices before you go.
I have seen things go cheap at auctions, and I have seen things sell for MORE at auctions than they did sitting on show room floors? due to Folks get into bidding wars, or GOT to have it and DON"T know its normal price?

I personally am NOT a fan of tillers for food plots, too slow and too many rocks my way to damage them!
all comes down to how big a plot your doing and well, soil conditions, just my 2 cents
Old 09-18-2017, 05:28 PM
Spike

Thanks for the feedback. The plots are parts of old farm roads. 8' by 40' roughly.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Spike

Wait for end of planting time specials.
If you have a Rural King store near you they run 11% specials. I bought a King Cutter 5' tiller from the 5 yrs ago and couldn't be more pleased.