Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Wet Land and Swamp

Old 11-09-2014, 07:29 AM
Spike

Default Wet Land and Swamp

So first off I am new here and if this post needs to be moved go ahead. But anyways, we have had 40 acres in Rusk county Wisconsin for about 12 years now and about 15 acres of the land is swamp. Going around the swamp we have our atv trail and it is wet almost all year, with holes a foot plus deep. My question is if I have fill dropped off at my land and I move it into place to raise up the atv trails, will I be able to make it firm enough so it doesn't sink again or will it just be a waste of time??

Other info that may be helpful is that the land was logged about 17 years ago, and we only gun deer hunt at the moment (school and job gets in the way). The land besides where we have cut shooting lanes or thinned out, is very thick of brush and is hard to create a new trail.

Any tips and info would be great!!

Thanks in advance.