Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
what is a long lasting througher for feeder >

what is a long lasting througher for feeder

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

what is a long lasting througher for feeder

Old 02-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Spike

Default what is a long lasting througher for feeder

I have used American Hunter througher for a feeder I made (50 Gal plastic barrel) on a tripod. The bears in the area didn't like it. Holes in the barrel ant the througher was in about 5 pieces.
Then tried 50 Gal metal barrel and hung it about 15 feet up, with a wild game innovation, one with matching solar panel. I live about 5 hours from my hunting camp, so some time it is a month to 6 weeks until I get back. Every time I have a half a barrel of corn and a deed battery. I have tried rechargeable batteries, Does anyone know a feeder that will last 2 months without spending a fortune
Old 02-24-2014, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

COPEN10 .... I bought a Moultrie easy lock 30 gallon tripod game feeder two months ago....it holds up to 100 pounds of feed and can be set to throw feed a six different times a day and can be set at fixed amounts of feed per time....the same amount every time .....it uses a 6 volt battery......like I said it's been two months and I checked it two weeks ago and the battery was still 100%.... It also has a feature that when you add 50 lbs of corn you just key in the amount and it tells you how many days left before you need to fill it.....it was easy to put together and easy to operate and easy to fill because the top of the hopper is only 6 feet tall....I don't know how it will hold up if a bear messes with it....but it's well made and I'm VERY satisfied ........hope this helps.....
Old 02-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Spike

Default Thanks

Thanks Brewman555