Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Anyone Sell White Oak Acorns

Old 09-25-2003, 10:48 PM

Default Anyone Sell White Oak Acorns

Looking for a supplier of White Oak acorns. Need up to 500lbs. Anyone else ever tried this instead of corn.

I' m willing to try anything. My deer will NOT come to corn feeders. I shouldn' t complain we do have plenty of natural food. But I need something to attract to a specific area.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2003, 06:47 PM

Default RE: Anyone Sell White Oak Acorns

I believe it will be hard to find that many white oak acorns.do you have any idea why they want come to the corn?
I have never known deer to not come to and eat corn.we put it out and in two or three days they are cleaning it up.is there any sign around the corn feeders?
Have you tried any of the deer feeds or other grains?
Old 09-26-2003, 09:42 PM

I have not tried any other types of grains. Been thinking about Buck Grub. Live in the country in an incredibly good area for deer...considering my area. Am lucky enough to live beside my lease, remote neighbors, etc. Can see a salt lick from this window that is used regularly. Interesting, heavy use in the last 2 weeks they must have dug down another 8-10" in that time. It is secluded enough that they are comfortable and it has been established for years.

Anyway, tried corn in several places on lease and farm. Salt lick seemed like a sure thing cause I could see traffic. Anywhere I put it the corn either sprouts or rots on the ground. (fishermen- it produces a great grub that we tore up the bream on). Even tried to sweeten up with Beast Feast to no result. Had a suggestion of grape koolaid topping from a friend. Says it works on his place.

Scent companies buy them somewhere. Found a 25,000 lb load. Might bag and sell myself next year! Look for the ad

Thanks
Old 09-29-2003, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve never heard of deer not coming to corn?Try building a trough and put it in that.Make sure it can drain off rain water.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:47 AM
New Sheriff

If I could mass produce a pellet that worked in your corn feeders but had the taste, smell, and nutritional value of a white oak acorn would yall be interestd??

BTW-I would have to sell it for around $8 per 50lb bag.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:28 AM

mr4pt, I would love to see something like that. Corn is $4 per 50 lbs so twice that would not be bad for when the white oaks were not producing.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:44 AM

Try buying your corn from a different supplier. If deer wont come to corn there has to be something wrong with it or something out there thats alot more appealing.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:32 AM
Spike

Default Sure

We sell white oaks right here in Arkansas every year.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:56 PM
Spike

Default Acorns

I have more acorns than I know what to do with is anyone interested in them for I just throw them into the woods?
Old 10-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chadluby
I have more acorns than I know what to do with is anyone interested in them for I just throw them into the woods?
maybe list where your at if your trying to get rid of them
I used to have a lot of folks that would rake them into piles and I would go get them and throw em out in my backyard, squirrels used to go nuts, some days would see like 20-25 of them in the piles
be coming out of winter FAT or fatter than they went into it, as they stock piled so many and guess eat all winter long like little pigs LOL

Quick Reply: Anyone Sell White Oak Acorns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.