Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Anyone Sell White Oak Acorns

Old 10-07-2019, 01:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
I have not tried any other types of grains. Been thinking about Buck Grub. Live in the country in an incredibly good area for deer...considering my area. Am lucky enough to live beside my lease, remote neighbors, etc. Can see a salt lick from this window that is used regularly. Interesting, heavy use in the last 2 weeks they must have dug down another 8-10" in that time. It is secluded enough that they are comfortable and it has been established for years.

Anyway, tried corn in several places on lease and farm. Salt lick seemed like a sure thing cause I could see traffic. Anywhere I put it the corn either sprouts or rots on the ground. (fishermen- it produces a great grub that we tore up the bream on). Even tried to sweeten up with Beast Feast to no result. Had a suggestion of grape koolaid topping from a friend. Says it works on his place.

Scent companies buy them somewhere. Found a 25,000 lb load. Might bag and sell myself next year! Look for the ad

Thanks
You could always do a lot of scouting and learn how the deer movements are on the area you hunt and skip the bait. 500 lbs of acorns would set you back a substantial amount of money. Deer will always go to their preferred food, then whatever is available. Perhaps it is just too early for a feeder.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
You could always do a lot of scouting and learn how the deer movements are on the area you hunt and skip the bait. 500 lbs of acorns would set you back a substantial amount of money. Deer will always go to their preferred food, then whatever is available. Perhaps it is just too early for a feeder.
original OP here is from 2003, and hasn' t been back on site since 2003 either

SO? don;t think he will see your reply LOL
Old 10-08-2019, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mrbb
original OP here is from 2003, and hasn' t been back on site since 2003 either

SO? don;t think he will see your reply LOL
I reckon not!