Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

What do you guys do with...

Old 10-27-2012, 05:57 AM
Spike

Default What do you guys do with...

...leftover bags of food plot seed? I have 3, 50lb bags of fall mixture and don't want it to go to waste. Any tps or ideas? Father in law freezes his unused garden seeds. Will this work? We have a walk in freezer at the camp so room is not an issue. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Store it in a cool dry place until next planting season.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

+1 for store in a cool dry place. I planted 3 year old seeds from my garage this spring, and it was no problem.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Make sure you use a METAL trash can for the seed and secure the top. I have a problem with squirrels and rats getting in to any type of bag seed in my shed, they will even break into fertilzer bags and have also eaten a hole in a thick plastic strage box.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always buy the leftover pioneer brand soybeans seed that a local grain elevator has every year to plant the next spring for food plots. They are not allowed to sell it to farmers the next year. Never had a problem with the seed just getting enough rain especially this year.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Spike

Put in plastic barrels with a few small holes drilled in them. I have one I store squirrel corn in and mice can't get to it. Keep in dry, cool area until next year.